1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Next GORUCK?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Calico Jack, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Calico Jack

Calico Jack Loaded Pockets

I have the bullet 10 and 15 but I’m looking to move up to something a tad bigger. I’m torn between the Rucker 25 and the GR1 26. I do carry my laptop from time to time but not everyday. I’m scared that if I go with the Rucker that I’ll regret not getting the GR1... any suggestions?

2. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

3. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

Will you be using it for rucking/events? If not, then the GR1.

4. Calico Jack

5. Calico Jack

Not likely to Ruck with it, will most likely be used for small trips and as a daily carry for work.

6. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

I actually do Ruck events. I use my bag for work, travel and Ruck with it many times a week. I bought a Rucker when I started out rucking, sent it back the next day and ordered the GR1. Very glad I did. I like the option to have a place for my PC. Or I can just put it in the main compartment if I want. The PC compartment also allows me to put my Ruck weight in there and still have the entire inside of the bag to put jacket, GO Ruck field pocket, hydration or whatever. If you are doing just rucking events, I would recommend the Rucker because of all the external handles on it. Makes it easier during events. But if you want an all around bag for travel, work the I recommend the GR1. I can fit an entire weekend worth of clothes in there and head off to Vegas with the boys and that bag is all I need. Love my Ruck GR1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

I’ve never held a goruck product so I can’t compare either but I opted for the 1050d ballistic nylon slick version (which is equivalent to the goruck gr1 21L, same specs dimensionally) and know that they source genuine 1000d and ballistic nylon from cordura/invista. Also speaking to the workmanship, from what I understand, they’re made in a family owned shop in Vietnam that puts out high quality gear for military customers. $125 for the 1000d cordura version is a steal compared to $400 from goruck (also 1000D) and I’d say it’s 90-95% of the high quality of goruck based on what I’ve heard about goruck.

I also use mine for edc to/from work and it’s way overbuilt for that purpose which is what I wanted. One small thing i noticed is the grab handle is reinforced (boxed and x’d) and triple stitched but not overly reinforced like goruck. Regardless I wouldn’t hesitate one bit to Ruck with it and carry some weight.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  8. brokenpaganangel

brokenpaganangel Loaded Pockets

Do you have the 21l or 26l?

9. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

I have the 26L. I’m 6’2”, the 21L just seemed a little small. Also the PC compartment is a tight fit on the 21L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

The GR1 was my EDC laptop bag for over six years, with 300+K air miles and as many road miles. Recently I had to wash it. HIGHLY recommended. The only reason I’m not using it now is that I’ve been long-term testing the Alpha One Niner Evade 2.0 (and loving it).

I have a Rucker as well, and I like it a lot. If I were only going to buy one, I would buy the GR1 every time. I’ve used the compartment nearest my back both for my laptop and occasionally for a hydration bladder, and it’s worth it.

11. brokenpaganangel

brokenpaganangel Loaded Pockets

@chaosmagnet
    You also use the 26l GR1, or not?
    You had to wash it... but I think, not in the machine...?! ;)

chaosmagnet likes this.
  12. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Yes, it's a 26L GR1, and I washed it in the bathtub. A bucket of hot water, a squirt of dish soap, and a hand-held cleaning brush. Once everything was clean I rinsed it with plenty of hot water from the shower wand, and hung it up to dry.

13. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

You can't be a certified Goruck fan unless you have the GR1! After all, that's the pack that started it all, yeah the Rucker looks the same outside but the back compartment is always the deal breaker!

14. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I have the gr1 and it is a great pack!
    It is not huge but it is also a big enough bag for most uses.
    I would recommend this bag.

Calico Jack likes this.
  15. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Seems like the Goruck family has been quite lately, did the latest news from Jason upset some?, we'll to those who haven't followed, most of the bags now will be made in Vietnam, Saigon to be exact, and thats to keep the price point reachable, anything from USA will cost you, like asking for custom.