1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Review Of Kershaw Link

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by ThurstyUSMC, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ThurstyUSMC

ThurstyUSMC Loaded Pockets

So not that I'm new to knives or that new to this forum but I guess new to knife reviews. I was recently at a local sporting goods store and saw the Kershaw Link. I tried to find some reviews on it but it seemed like the knife was pretty new so I couldn't find any. I liked the looks of it, the size, and that it was made in America so for around $40 I took it home. It is the Glass Reinforced Nylon scale version and has the same material back spacer, as much as I like it, the handle does feel slightly cheap. I liked it because it has similar blade geometry to the CRKT Skinner designed by Ken Onion, I was looking to pick up the Skinner last hunting season but I never did. It has a centered blade; solid, fast opening; and a good liner lock. I have smaller hands and as you can see I could probably fit another finger on the grip if I had one. It has a good sized lanyard hole that could fit a doubled up piece of 550 cord for those who like lanyards. The blade is 420 HC steel, I'm not a steel snob so that works for me. Perhaps if I were a survivalist or bush crafter I would buy higher end steel but I am not, I'm a full time office employee that does outdoorsy stuff in my free time. Any questions ask, I can also try and take other pictures if anyone wants one. I took these pics next to another pretty common knife here, the Cryo, mine is the G10 version.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDS, edjo69 and T.H.Cone like this.
  2. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

ThurstyUSMC
    Bringing back this thread for further investigation :p Do the handles feel hollow? I heard it can be desassisted, which is what I plan on doing, if I do purchase it. Thanks

3. ThurstyUSMC

ThurstyUSMC Loaded Pockets

I think the handles so feel moderately hollow, thick enough to be sturdy but they certainly don't feel like solid plastic. I haven't disassembled it so that's not a guarantee. I carry it a lot while hiking, overall it's a pretty good knife, great for the money.

LRex likes this.
  4. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I like the new clip design, i hope that follows onto other models.

LRex likes this.
  5. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

Thank ya ThurstyUSMC ! Also wondering, how is the grip? Is it a beefy handle with good ergos? And does that backspaces provide any grip?

edjo69 I think it can be swapped out with a deep carry ZT clip as well, but I do like this sort of clip too. Reminds me of a Hinderer. Might so a swap with the 0560 and this one if I get it.

edjo69 likes this.
  6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thread relocated to the Gear Reviews Forum.

LRex and Cheeser like this.
  7. cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher Loaded Pockets

I have both the aluminum handled version and the plastic version. Hands down the aluminum wins in my book. It has such a solid feel compared to the plastic.

I can confirm the deassist possibility and the possibility to swap to the ZT deep carry clip.

LRex likes this.
  8. Endless Fugue

Endless Fugue Loaded Pockets

I'll admit I like that blade shape. Do not like the handle material. But I'm really glad Kershaw now has an American made knife in this price range.

LRex likes this.