1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Waterproof Sling Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by solocanoe, Feb 19, 2010.

1. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I just got my 2010 LL Bean Flyfishing catalog - they have a waterproof sling bag and gear bag...
    My fly boxes are waterproof, so I don't care, but I remembered folks on this forum wanted (at one time) a waterproof sling bag.
    LL Bean "no questions, forever" warranty :D ...maybe it helps someone? ;)

LL Bean Waterproof Sling bag

2. jrank001

jrank001 Loaded Pockets

I like it. A bit shiny though.

3. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

Wow.....not sure what to make of that!
    Looks like a nice travel bag for your S& M kit!! :laugh:

Nate

4. stevebrule

stevebrule Loaded Pockets

I thought it was kind of ugly at first but I to am a fly angler and could get a fair amount of use out of something like this.

5. Fixer

Fixer Loaded Pockets

That bag is water resistant.

These bags are water proof:

http://cascadedesigns.com/SealLine

Most are submersible to two feet which may not seem like a lot but it is. I LOVE Sealine bags.

6. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I saw your reply Fixer and got a small lump in my throat (hate to lead others astray, etc..)
    my fears are relieved by looking at the site closely.

(BTW - sealine bags are great, I have some from my Kayaking days...but nothing as cool as a gear slinger! :rolleyes: )

The tester that really took it to the ultimate - of holding the bag submerged in a tub -holding it under the water on purpose WOW! :shocked:
    I don't think I'd ever be doing that...even if I didn't have waterproof fly boxes! :p It wasn't really designed for that either I guess.
    But I also understand - I'm carrying fishing gear...he's carrying a camera. (another reason I carry a waterproof/shockproof camera! :laugh: )

I REALLY LIKED the part where it held up to 5 minutes straight of water from a shower - directly pounding it...that's more than I'd ever subject it to (probably)
    and THE BEST PART - of course - was the TOTALLY AWESOME response from LL Bean - greatest warranty EVER for a huge company...

I know I brag on RAT (ESEE) warranty - Surefire's, etc....but I have been a HUGE fan of LL Bean for 3 decades.
    They have replaced 2 flyrods for me - and one fly reel over 15 years old that a large striper totally and unexpectedly trashed last year -
    (all I asked them to do was fix it - and I would pay for it - but they sent me a new one- free!)

I am a "top 250 reviewer" on their site, but I'm not paid by them...no family works for them...etc..but I sure do love 'em! :D

IF you are looking for a bag you can dunk/hold under and wait for bubbles...this won't work for you...
    but if you just want something more than a regular bag and not having to do the "bag inside a pack" (what I still do)
    ...then maybe this will work for you.

the coolest thing is that if they sell a bunch of either style they are offering...we will get more choices in the future! :roof:

7. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

SC.......I was just kidding....thought the shiny, perforated leather look was interesting. No offense meant!! :buck2:

Nate

8. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

oh, no way Nate - no problem at all!

to be honest - when LL Bean called it waterproof in their ad/title...it was good enough for me. given my past history with them and all...

but, it was good to check it out - a bit more in depth!
    good to know all I learned - maybe others did too! ;D

I've used army rubberized "waterproof laundry bags" inside my packs for so long...I probably need to look at another option! :lolhammer:

9. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

Nate - had to change my reply - should have been to fixer -

I understood your post (and laughed out loud!) immediately! very clever! ;D :rolleyes:

anyway...maybe I just need to buy the thing and see how shiny/ugly it really is! :lolhammer: