1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New watch: Casio Edifice Marine

Discussion in 'Watches' started by aphex2k, Feb 19, 2015.

1. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

It's great... But I can't work out (even with the destructions) how to set the tide / moon part.

Also, it has a thermometer, is there a general rule of thumb to set it a little lower so it takes into account body temp?

Can anyone help? The Casio instructions aren't all that clear and I can only see how to set one high tide, and obviously there's 2 per day!

2. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

OK so a couple of days in. Nice watch let down by poor digital display, hard to read, and backlight doesn't illuminate the digital part.

[​IMG]

AcesQ and Auxiliaryjohn like this.
  3. Andrew.C

Andrew.C Loaded Pockets

Sucks to hear that, the backlight issue seems like a real annoyance.

4. Schnurri

Schnurri Loaded Pockets

Hi, got a similar Casio and can confirm the problems with the tide/moon display and thermometer. I basically bought the watch because of the timer function, but was never able to figure out the right settings, too. And I've had the thing for like 8 years now. Disappointing.

5. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

Such a shame. Casio are probably my favourite brand, and I love the edifice range.

Hope you get it sorted :)

6. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

I think I've sussed it. To be perfectly honest I rarely use the tide function but the thermometer is a good feature and overall I really like the look. Wish it had a second hand and wish the digital display was a bit brighter - the backlight does not illuminate the digital display, only the outside of the watch - looks nice ad you can read the anologue time but hey... is there such a thing as a perfect watch?! Just an excuse to buy more....

Anyone with experience of Lum-Tec? I think one of those might be my next frivillous purchase.

Nighted and shmook like this.
  7. Ninjagaiden

Ninjagaiden Empty Pockets

I had a quartz Bull 45 few years back. I have 17cm wrist and it didn't wear well but probably wears better on a bigger wrist. Otherwise I had no problems with it.