1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Vanquest Shoulder Bags?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by bjoseph725, Jul 22, 2015.

1. bjoseph725

bjoseph725 Loaded Pockets

Looks like they are only stocking a few of their vpackers on their web site. Are they gearing up for a new release?

2. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Some of their SHOT show booth reviews that were put up by third party advertisers suggested they were working on GEN2. As I recall, no specifics or timeframes were given.

3. bjoseph725

That's exciting :)

4. T.H.Cone

Is it?

I think they only thing they need to do is get rid of that stupid triangle pocket on the MOBIUS/TOLCAT and everything will be fine. But first, I want them to release the Skitch 12 that is now long overdue.

bjoseph725 likes this.
  5. PrimordialFirefighter

PrimordialFirefighter Loaded Pockets

I researched the jumbo and möbius for days and decided on the möbius but they only have it in coyote on their website. I'm looking for one in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.H.Cone likes this.
  6. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Was in the same situation not long ago...

IIRC there is a Mobius 2.0 in the works; that's why the current colors/versions have been on "fire sale" for a while now...

Of course, there is no mention of the Mobius/Tolcat line in the "Upcoming Projects" section on Vanquest's site...

I got impatient and picked up a similar design from another manufacturer and quickly discovered I didn't like the attention it drew.

Backpacks only for me for the foreseeable future.

IMHO, YMMV, IANAL, BR549

[​IMG]

T.H.Cone likes this.
  7. T.H.Cone

Primordial, thanks for serving your community and welcome to the forum.

I was about to suggest checking the forum store for one, but it seems Jon only has TOLCATS in black at ATM.

While the Vanquest MOBIUS is undeniably a very well built bag and certainly on par with the MAXp Jumbo, I have to say that after many years with that style of bag, the Jumbo has a better layout. I pains me to say it, because MAXp is a horrible company run by a horrible human being, but it is what it is. In this case, the original variant is functionally better than the "redesigned" version by VQ.

For example- the slip pocket (behind the side pocket) is far more useful than the "triangle" pocket, the H&K clip is more useful than the D-ring, some of the MOBIUS zippers are orientated in the wrong direction if you CCW out of the bag, the strap is about a foot shorter on than on the Jumbo which will be an issue if you are big and/or tall, and the h2o pocket is unnecessarily complicated on the MOBIUS.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

And here is another opinion for you. As long as pride of ownership does not trump functionality, for a third the price of either of those bags, you would probably be just as well served with the UTG Tactical Messenger Bag which is a clone of the Jumbo. You can easily find one in black at any large online retailer.

BTW, I own two Jumbos, a MOBIUS, and the UTG bag and have carried one of them almost exclusively for eight or so years, so I have a lot of experience with that style of bag. Take that for whatever it may be worth. I have written extensively about all of them here and here.

If you happen to read all of that and still have questions, don't hesitate to inquire.

Last edited by T.H.Cone, Jul 23, 2015
  8. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

It's not a shoulder bag, but I'd sure like the Ibex 30. Pricey, though, and you still need to buy velcro pouches for organization inside.

9. PrimordialFirefighter

PrimordialFirefighter Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info! Been on the fence with buying this type of bag for years. I have got it narrowed down to the jumbo, mongo, or 5.11 rush 12. This bag will be mainly in my car. I want something that has room for my EDC gear and a dedicated pouch large enough for EMS related items (preferably on the front of the bag).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.H.Cone likes this.
  10. T.H.Cone

If you have time, wade through those links. I have a fair amount of trauma supplies in the bag- though not up front- and still have room for EDC stuff. I will say, that I run the bags maxed out, but the weight is manageable in most normal situations. Personally, they work great as an EDC bag, but only because I have other bags for day hiking or travel.

The long and short of it is, the more weight you carry and the more you are traveling on foot, the more a second strap makes sense.

deeker and PrimordialFirefighter like this.
  11. bjoseph725

Following up on this. Any word on the new vpackers?

12. bjoseph725