1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New to me - 5.11 Tactical Pants and Operator Belt

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Dobe Man, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Dobe Man

Dobe Man Loaded Pockets

I just got delivered earlier this afternoon my new 5.11 Tactical Pants (100% cotton) and their Operator belt. Awesome is all I got to say. Very comfortable and roomy without being baggy or loose.

I always wear jeans or khakis, but I will now start wearing these to work (not an office type location, but still business casual). The mobility afforded by them is quite good and one of the pockets on the left side is great for my SOG S63 and soon-to-be SOG Vulcan Tanto VL-03.

In the spring, I'll get the TacLite Pro pants, but for the beginning of the cold season, these cotton pants will work very well.

And the belt! What a buckle and is it rigid! I won't be carrying anything really heavy on it (maybe my Cold Steel SRK when camping and even that is light) but I did want a heavy duty belt, and this is it. The only problem that I have with it is the length of it. I'm about a 33" waist, and this belt is supposed to fit bwtween 32 and 34" waists, and if does fit me well. However, the "leftover" belt that gets secured by velcro on the end is a bit long and needs to go under the belt loops when doubled back. Because the Velcro is so strong (especially laterally) it's kinda difficult to get it cinched just right.

Perhaps time will tell how that goes, but I may have to get a different type of belt to go with the pants, I hope not.

Anyways, initial impressions are very good construction, fit and finish and they are comfortable and look good enough to wear in a business causal environment.

2. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Then you can look forward to spring, I think the TacLite Pro pants is even better..(same pants with different fabric)

3. tennvol

tennvol Empty Pockets

Try the Blackhawk pants, much better fit, larger pockets, and pockets on both sides - instead of just 1 like the 5.11. I never understood why they didn't put them on both sides.

4. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

I love 5.11 pants!

Tru-Spec 24/7 has a great pair also.

5. Dobe Man

Dobe Man Loaded Pockets

Well, I couldn't wait until the spring. I just got the 5.11 TacLite Pro pants and they are sweet. I especially like the knife pocket on the right side, and the weight is perfect for all-around wear. I also picked up a 5.11 catalog, uh-oh, my wallet's in trouble...

6. metalfof

metalfof Empty Pockets

The operator belt is great,but I found the roll pin can pop out-just limit its backwards movement(away from the knurled face)with a zip tie.The velcro can be unstitched and moved.