1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New SureFire model.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by KeyGrip, Jan 17, 2008.

1. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

It looks like a good light, although the High output->Low output switch might be a problem. I'm not sure I want to keep on investing in CR123 lights either.

2. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

3. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

4. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Don't want to worsen your cardiac condition, but the clip makes it able to carry the light bezel up and down. :-X

5. Jambo

Jambo Loaded Pockets

6. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I also love that clip. I am happy to finally see a Surefire with a bezel down clip and an LED. This is certainly going to go on my list (my good list, not my to be slain list).

7. giggles

giggles Banned

But why would they put it on and take it off the website again? Got a couple more ready? It is overdue.

8. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

[size=12pt]The clip is mounted in the middle of the total length of the flashlight; leaving the entirety of the head exposed and well over whatever pocket the clip is attached to. The battery tube is much too short to adequately anchor the part that is IN the pocket when in this carry position. One good brush or bump and the head is knocked askew of its original position if not jarred sufficiently so that it becomes a risk of falling out.

Bezel down carry is a big improvement! This mode places the greatest mass, and, therefore, places the great weight IN the pocket because the apex of the clip is MUCH closer to the one end of the flashlight; the comparatively smaller, lighter-weight switch end.

It is commendable that Surefire chose to offer the dual-mode pocket clip, but it encourages the sophomoric use of the bezel-up carry; a circumstance conducive to the costly loss of an otherwise finely crafted product by those not fully acclimated.

9. giggles

giggles Banned

Where did the forum just go for the last couple of days?

Also, the E1B is still listed on the flashlight comparison chart over at SureFire ;D

10. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

The clip looks to be in the shape of a reverse 'C,' anchored at the normal point (just behind the bezel) and bent so that the end of the clip faces the other direction. I have seen such clips in the past; they are pretty uncommon but it looks promising. I'd carry the E1B bezel down, as I've always felt the E1 series was a little too short for safe bezel-up carry.

11. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

I want one , Im very pleased with my new E1L , the Cree head works very well . Since aquiring a McLux III PD , i have developed a liking for knurless lites .

Chris

12. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

I would guess that they allowed the bezel up function so that the light could be clipped to the brim of a hat, serving as a headlamp. They make a point of that ability in the 2007 catalog, even showing a picture.

13. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

Provided the new clip isnt flimsy , it should be good . Surefire clips have been a weak feature on otherwise good lites .

Chris

14. bamboozler

bamboozler Empty Pockets

Looks like a very nice light but hopefully it will be discounted a bit below the $110 MSRP. I have quite a few surefire lights and I can without question feel the quality when I hold them in my hand but these days I find I end up reaching for my more affordable fenix lights when I need to grab a light. This one is tempting. If I can find it for under $100, I just may pull the trigger on it.

15. NSaglibene

NSaglibene Empty Pockets

I like this design, I was looking for a light to replace my L4 as an EDC light as it is to large, and the balance between size, output, and bezel down carry makes it a good candidate. I still wish it had higher output... if I hear anything good about the new nightcore that might still be in the running, but I think surefire are more reliable.

16. Shalom

Shalom Loaded Pockets

Doesn't 5 lumen for the low setting seem a little too low?
    I'd want something at least the same as a Microlite photon freedom or arc premium , about 8 or even 10 lumen.
    Shalom

17. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

Played with a Night core , switching is clugy . Give me bullet proof an simple . My stuff gets the crap beat out of it , I avoid the offshore POSs , we cant afford to export jobs forever .

Chris

18. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

The L1's low is about 10 lumens, and there are many people that think that's too high. It seems the E1B is for those looking for a lower low and a higher high.

19. ninjaboigt

ninjaboigt Loaded Pockets

i like it, i think i might wait a lil more for a review first before buying it, i was also torn between the L1 and e1L but this might solve that problem . and with the clip, although it wouldnt be strong in a bezel up possistion, i think it'd be still great to clip it to a ball cap, or what i do, is i clip it bezel up and turn it on to light up the room when im walking around sometimes. more options the better back up, for :censored: situations.

20. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

I got to fondle one at SHOT, and the UI is pretty cool! As I recall, it comes on momentary at the level it was previously clicked-off. When you go from OFF to momentary ON, if you don't like the level, you depress and re press and if you want, press the rest of the way to "click." Pretty ground breaking stuff! In order to be remotely "tactical," with it, one would have to always click it OFF when in high mode. I guess that's why they named it Backup.

Larry