1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New stuff for you Peak LED Solutions fans

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Blerv, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

There are a couple exciting new things from Peak. I have no affiliation but just heard this through the grapevine. Since I can't afford to go shopping right now I'm tempting you instead! :p

El Capitan Ultra X
    The standard AA body QTC light except with a larger turbo head housing a heatsinked Cree XM-L. Run at 2.2a on an 14500 they are estimating over 650 lumens. Likely emitter ratings this is still pretty fun. Available in Alum, Brass and Stainless Steel. You can read more [ Here ].

Peak “Mule” Heads for Eiger and Logan
    I just received an email from Oveready. These are non-optic heads and are shorter with the ultimate in flood light. Similar to the Preon0 it’s literally just a big ol’ circle of light. Available with XPG2 or the Nichia 219 you can read more about it [ Here ].

Edit: removed the phase "like huge hotspot" to describe Mule heads. There is no optic or reflector, so no throw or hotspot/spill. It's evenly distributed diffused light similar to the Zebralight H502.

Last edited by Blerv, Nov 24, 2012
    angusW, goosefacer and Gnarly like this.
  2. k.o.milo

k.o.milo Loaded Pockets

And you are not a troublemaker? :p

Blerv likes this.
  3. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

YET.

k.o.milo and Blerv like this.
  4. hiljentaa

hiljentaa Loaded Pockets

Oh man, the Mule head sounds right up my alley.

Been meaning to get an Eiger for awhile now - this will likely push me over the edge.

Blerv and Gnarly like this.
  5. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I just realized Oveready has a retrofit service via Peak to upgrade Gen1 QTC to Gen2. Like $6.

Gonna miss it but that's too good to pass up.

Gnarly likes this.
  6. RobME

RobME Loaded Pockets

Got the Nichia 219 SS short body QTC Peak mule from Oveready... Nice!!! Don't use the word 'hotspot' there is none; Just a broad flood of evenly distributed neutral tinted high CRI illuminated goodness. No throw (but you should know that). A specialized tool and a beautiful light.

PS - I have to add about QTC... Gen1 or Gen2 - doesn't matter. Really, trust me on this; It's whatever works, i.e. ramps up & down smoothly. If Gen1 is smooth for you - don't be so quick to change it out. Fwiw...

Gnarly and Blerv like this.
  7. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Thanks :). It's not as smooth as the gen2 so ill give the mod a shot.

Yea not sure how to describe such lights; it's similar to a Zebralight H501/502. No hotspot thus no spill; I guess naturally diffused due to lack of focus?

Glad you like it!

Last edited by Blerv, Nov 24, 2012
    Gnarly likes this.