1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

new sprint phone survey

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by dejthmonk, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

OK now I must vent. I have been with Sprint for about 7 years and have had some issues but overall been satisfied. We (my lady and I) use one of their old grandfathered plans that basically gives us 1000 day minutes to share and unlimited N&W, mobile to mobile (Sprint). It is not bad economically and I added a 500 message text feature to hers for a few extra bucks. I only use a small portion of minutes and care less about texting. I have a very old Samsung flip and basically source her a newer phone about once a year. Well close to three months ago we had to have her # changed because of annoying unsolicited calls & texts. After this she had the wrong name appearing with out going calls when received on phones. She now had contacts not answer because of the unknown name. So next Sprint made it so that no info appeared which made it worse since she could not now call home or most of her family. I had been very patient with the whole situation and spent many hours contacting them in attempts to get it resolved. As stated in my previous posts I even got her a new phone for X-Mass and had the # changed again in hopes that the call ID problem would be solved. A week or two before X-Mass she basically stated that she expected them to compensate us a credit toward our account for all the inconveniences. When we activated her new phone the Technical rep requested the name that was appearing and told me it was an Ameritech land line phone company issue and they needed to contact them to fix the problem. He assured me that within a week all would be well. Now as of yesterday (3 weeks later!) I finally found the right needle in a haystack Sprint rep that was able to fix the problem. My time has been heavily invested in the issues and understand that technical issues do arise. I have also had to endure all the verbal complaints at home as an added result. Neither of our lines have been under commitment for many years and I did agree to a one year in connection to receiving her new phone. In the past they have solicited me and offered a 50 to $100 credit to my account if willing to get new phones/commitments. So I am still lost as to why they were only willing to give me a $25 credit for all the trouble we had. $50 would have made a big difference to us. In addition they tried to convince me that because she was still using many minutes and the call ID is a free feature that they should not have to compensate us. I don't see it that way. Yes the phone worked, but not the way it should have and there is no way denying that she was inconvenienced. They after all created the problem by messing with my account settings. I am now still debating if I want to go my separate way. I currently have a phone that I use 90% of the time and she wants an iPhone. I am not a fan of the GSM network (At&T as one) providers and would prefer to stick to CDMA (which my other phone uses) because of the better coverage.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

2. JusticeKN

JusticeKN Loaded Pockets

I recently switched from Sprint to Verizon and was VERY pleased with Verizon in comparison. At least locally, the Sprint employees were virtually CLUELESS about their products. (The last phone I got from them, the guy raved for 15 minutes about how cool it was to watch TV on your phone. . . a feature I really didn't care about. . . but he said there was a free trial and noting his enthusiasm I went home and couldn't get it to work . . . back to the store, after consulting with every employee on duty and calling one off duty, they decided that this particular phone didn't really do that.) I found their customer service by phone, equally worthless.

Verizon, by contrast, had techs at the kiosks that really seemed to know the phone and the billing structures. The customer service by has quickly credited back billing errors.

My phone is a DROID and, though it's no Iphone, it is a VERY functional piece of equipment. As for the Iphone, I'd have liked to go with AT&T, except when you want to make a call from someplace rural, there's no app for that.

3. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

*** Update ***

My lady just got a call from Sprint (which they were instructed to contact me only!) and when she turned the call over to me they were saying that they were going to escalate the problem to a higher department. This is 9 weeks after it started and three day after it has finally be resolved. :brickwall: :brickwall:

I will have to admit that IMO Verizon is a better choice for CS, but Sprint is cheaper which is important to a lot of us. Me included.

4. busylilnurse

busylilnurse Loaded Pockets

I have a Sprint rumor 2 and while I do like the phone alot I have to call Sprint every month to have data charges removed. They don't argue w/ me at this point,they just remove them. I dont have a data plan and don't use the data so they have "no idea" why data charges keep reoccuring on my bill. They just take off the charges....so month after month I call....

so like the phone...don't like the service so much :)

5. Ol Youngunz

Ol Youngunz Empty Pockets

well if you want a low cost texting phone, get the sanyo incognito. its just like the envy 3; almost.

6. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

My woes still continue with Sprint. Latest are:

A) After negoeating a one year commitment with a "free phone" after rebate I now found they charged me $50 more than agreed. Originally requested the Lotus but buttons were too small. Sent it back per their instructions and opted for the Samsung Exclaim. Both phones were $299 retail and $99 after instant reductions along with a $50 MIR. They now tell me that the account notes state that I was to pay $99 on both phones even after I had another rep previously confirm that the $50-MIR=FREE was noted for the original phone/agreement. I specifically asked to verify that the replacement phone would be honored under the original deal and the answer was yes.

B) I have had account with two lines shared 1000 minute plan for about six years. I only use about 20 min each month. I now can not text because I was getting one to three picture texts from a fisher and even following Sprint's procedure to block them they still continued. I did not want to have to pay for these texts so the only option left was to disable texting on my phone all together :mad:.

C) The new Exclaim has a texting pack with 500 a month. A couple days ago I was checking my account online which I do often and found $19.98 worth of Premium Services on that line. A call to Sprint and I was told that they are mass texts sent out by third parties to get you to buy services :rant: and two were received on our phone. She also told me that because I did not catch it within the first 24 hours the charges would have to be adjusted when the bill cycle ends. I noticed it within first 48. She told me she will make a note to herself and go back in and fix it later. If this happens as promised it will go a long way to repairing my trust in Sprint. If I have to call again then I will continue to slide away from them.

D) Lastly we have Data blocked on both lines and yet the Exclaim line still shows usage. We are not being charged but it is annoying.

Sprint Data 0 105 0 105 $0.00
    Premium Services | Details 0 2 0 2 $19.98

7. blackhatch

blackhatch Empty Pockets

I like my blackberry. I had the htc hero android and LOVED it! but the battery was too short for me so i sold it and got a blackberry curve. If the battery would have been like the blackberry i would still have the htc. The blackberry does everything i need it to though.

Look around on craigslist. tons of phones there in all price ranges.

8. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

Nokia Smart phones. (E63, E72, etc.)

9. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Rooted, Rom-ed and doubled both the speed and battery life on the HTC :-D