1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

new sprint phone survey

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by dejthmonk, Oct 30, 2009.

1. dejthmonk

dejthmonk Empty Pockets

My phone just broke in the past 5 minutes. I was wondering what people thought the best sprint phone is to get right now. I just had a lotus good but maybe there is something better? anyone????

2. zweevu

zweevu Empty Pockets

Palm Pre.

3. wilrader

wilrader Empty Pockets

HTC Hero.

4. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I like blackberries. They seem to be tough and I do not like touch screens. What kind of phone do you want? Smart, media, tough?

5. dejthmonk

dejthmonk Empty Pockets

Media intensive with good scheduler. Always had a love for palm treos but not the centro. Tried one didn't like it too much. Don't have much money. Any one where to get phones on the net for cheap no contract. Not very interested on blackberry. Thank you everyone for the replies keep them coming!!

6. Frailer

Frailer Loaded Pockets

AT&T has the strongest signal where I live, so I carry and iPhone (and I love it). But if I had to go with Sprint, I'd have a Palm Pre.

7. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

I have the rumor2. Great if you do texting, light web-surfing, very easy email access, and it runs pretty fast!

The only bad thing, isn't bad for me, but some people could consider it bulky. I keep a hard protective case on mine, and it isn't too bulky for me.

8. m_calingo

m_calingo Empty Pockets

If I were interested in a phone that had iPhone web capabilities using the Sprint network, I'd choose the Pre. Based on what I've seen the OS appears to be pretty sweet. However, since I am paranoid about carrying all of my personal info on an EDC device (and therefore increase the chance of loss or theft), I find I am less likely to choose a phone merged with a PDA.

Some time ago there was a story about Paris Hilton's cell phone ending up in somebody else's hands and how all her contacts phone numbers became available. Imagine how much worse that could have been with even more of her personal information got compromised.

I currently use the LG Rumor (smart phone lite) which serves well enough for texting and some basic organizational functions. I opted not to go with the data plan to keep operating costs to a minimum. For what it does, it's fine for what I need.

9. jdoc

jdoc Empty Pockets

I'll second what Darb said. I have a rumor 2 great little phone good signal almost every where i go and the keyboard is easy too use. And I don't think it's bulky at all.

10. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

I'm pretty happy with my Samsung Rant. I use my phone pretty equally text/talking and it does both fine. It also has some good email features. I find the screen to small for web browsing but it will work in a pinch. I'm about due for my annual upgrade and I'm looking at the HTC Hero.

11. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

I would Google the phone reviews to see how they rate.

12. DozerDog

DozerDog Empty Pockets

Last time I looked for a new phone I spent some time on "Howard Forums" tons of phone geeks with good real world info.

http://www.howardforums.com/

13. Frequency

Frequency Empty Pockets

Palm Pre. I dig mine. ;D

14. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Palm Pre, or the Samsung Moment if you text a lot (physical keyboards), HTC hero if you like the idea of a touchscreen.

The Hero and the Moment are both running Android, which is a MAJOR asset. Linux based, and should have more apps out than the iPhone within a year's time, muwahahaha! The Pre is also Linux based but runs Palm's WebOS on top, it'll be interesting to see how it does in the coming months because as of right now, the WebOS is more polished than Android.

15. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a red LG Lotus for the GF. She likes flip phones and it has a Qwetry to make texting easy.

16. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

I love my Pre.

17. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

I got some new software on my sprint blackberry and now the web is super fast. I do like the service!!!!!

18. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

She did not like it :yikes: . Thought the buttons were too small and close together. Got her a Samsung Exclaim double slider in exchange. She wants an IPhone because that's what other people have (wemon :( ) but I don not care for AT&T's outdated GSM network. What good is a Fararri phone to only be run around the block and not a real track?

19. secondechomatt

secondechomatt Loaded Pockets

I've been with sprint for years and have used winmo almost exclusively...until I picked up the Hero. wow... its a fantastic phone, simple interface and enough apps to choke a horse. a large horse.

20. ChopperCFI

ChopperCFI Loaded Pockets

Over the holidays, my daughter switched to the HTC Hero after her Instinct died. I have a Palm Centro and have been using Palm since the original 3com Pilot. For reasons others have pointed out above, the switch to the Pre was taking away too many things. My daughter's Hero was so impressive, I will be switching to that when my contract is up.