1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New sharpie retractable pen????

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by jymkym1, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jymkym1

jymkym1 Loaded Pockets

Anyone have one?? How are they

2. Dodger

Dodger Empty Pockets

If this is the pen you are asking about Sharpie Ultra Fine Retractable

I have had one for about 2 weeks and find it quite good sofar, but I think the paint will wear off the barrel before the pen run out of ink

3. zip22

zip22 Empty Pockets

I had a few deal breaker problems with the normal capped version, but I really liked the way it wrote. The first problem is that paint would chip off and get all over my hands and pockets. The second is that after a day or two in my pockets, I think the movement would squeeze the pen and it would bleed into the cap. When I opened it, I would get ink all over my hands.

maybe I'll give these a shot. I think my ideal pen right now would be a sharpie pen with a strong enough shaft that didn't flake off or squeeze out ink. These seem a bit more expensive than the capped model, but not too expensive (amazon has them $6 for 2 - the capped version is $3.60 for 2).

Dodger, where did you find them? online they have a release date of Sep 1st.

4. STHFNGLD

STHFNGLD Empty Pockets

Wow, I was quite a fan of the Sharpie Pen for a while. I'll definitely have to check these out once they hit my local Staples! O0 Thanks for the post! :highfive:

5. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

I love the sharpie pens, and I use them exclusively now. Curiously, I have not had any of the problems that other people have had with the capped versions! In any case, I just like the way that they write. I will certainly give the retractable version a shot.

6. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

A review of the retractable sharpie pens can be found at the Office Supply Geek . I liked the way the capped versions wrote, but I did not like their ergonomics. Other than making a quick note they were not comfortable to write with for any length of time. I prefer to write with Papermate Flair felt tipped pens. I will have to try out the retractable sharpies at some point in time.

7. IceAuger

IceAuger Loaded Pockets

I finally found the new Sharpie RT at Target today. From looking at the pictures I expected it to be a thicker pen and I guessed right. It's a little too fat for my tastes and the plunger is too long. The pen feels somewhat cheap and doesn't have a good weight to it compared to the physical size. The $6 price tag (for a package of two) is a little steep for the quality of the pen......feels more like a 50 cent pen. It does write nice but not sure if it's something I want to carry around due to the size. I think they could have done a much nicer job with this pen and really missed the target on this one.

8. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

I can't do anything but agree with you on this one. I love the stick version, but after having tried the retractable version, I just didn't like it, for pretty much all the reasons you mentioned.