1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Seiko

Discussion in 'Watches' started by boyo17, Dec 18, 2012.

1. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

This seems to be my favourite at the moment,, £130 delivered (£30 less than the 007) and gets good revues. A bit thinner than the 007 and it ticks all the boxes.

[​IMG]

2. ArnieJB

ArnieJB EDC Junkie!!!

That's a sharp looking watch.

3. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's tempting me,,,,,,,, and I can get it delivered by 1 pm tomorrow :frantic:

ArnieJB likes this.
  4. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've done it,,,, the Citizen is on it's way,, delivery before 1 pm tomorrow.

Thank goodness for that,, I can have breakfast now,, and it's nearly lunchtime :)

ArnieJB likes this.
  5. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's here ,,,,, :bounce:

,,,,and I'm pleased

It's not as bulky or as heavy as the Seiko which is no bad thing as I'll be wearing it 16/7 ,,,, and a tad more comfortable with the crown out of the way,,,,,,,, and the crown won't come undone as I did it up tight with pliers the same as with the Seiko,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:rofl: only joking

6. ArnieJB

ArnieJB EDC Junkie!!!

Awesome...looking forward to pictures! That watch looks so much like a Seiko SKX007!

7. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the update on your search for a watch. I am glad you are happy with the Citizen. (What model number is it BTW?) It is interesting that the crown is located at 8:00. You wear your watches on your left wrist, correct? I was about to go for the SKA371 based on this thread. However, you have a big wrist, while mine is small. Your reports about the weight and crown of the SKA371 has dampened my enthusiasm for this watch. Please keep us updated on your new Citizen.

8. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes on left wrist and very comfortable. I haven't checked the accuracy yet as they need a few months to settle in but it's near enough for me. Allegedly they have been making the movement to the same basic design for near on 40 years!! It's the Citizen Promaster Diver NY0040-09EE and I got it from Amazon. The exact model number seems to vary from vendor to vendor but they are all called the NY0040 ,,,,,,,,,, looking at the Citizen web site and watch forums it appears that Citizen have stopped making Auto watches so this might be the last Auto diver they have made. There is a similar models out there from Citizen,,, take a look at Amazon

I don't know if you are like me but after I make a purchase I still look around at other items ,,,,, just to check that I'm still happy with my choice :rolleyes: ,,, but this watch is growing on me more and more. I like the crown at 8 and I like the steam punk style grooves on the bezel and I like the lume which is still shining bright and clear after 8 hours through our winter night.

It's on a shark mesh band at the moment but I'm bidding for a calfskin strap on ebay,,,,,, The watch only gets taken off for personal administration and when I'm in the workshop,,,,,,,

[​IMG]

Last edited by boyo17, Dec 31, 2012
  9. EDCRVa
    • In Omnia Paratus

EDCRVa Loaded Pockets

That's a sharp looking watch. I like the band.

10. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

That's an outstanding watch and shark mesh band combo. Happy New Year.

11. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Vendors who let me down are often subject to my wrath but a balance should be made by praising the good ones.

• The Seiko was sourced from Amazon and it arrived very quickly.
    • After I requested a refund, collection was arranged for the next day but most probably because we live "back of beyond" the carrier didn't arrive so I posted it off myself by Special Delivery the following day and moaned to Amazon about the extra cost.
    • Amazon replied the next day and confirmed the postage refund.
    • The Seiko arrived at Amazon the first working day following it's despatch and they send me an email confirming receipt
    • The next day, Amazon confirmed that the refund was made
    • Citizen watch arrived the day after it was ordered
    Happy me :)

12. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Citizen has a line of auto divers you should look at. NY0400 I believe. I'll double check tomorrow. Anyhow I've got the black and gold variant, but there are several models. They're 200m divers, 40mm, 7 o'clock crowns. Mine gets as much wrist time as my SKX007.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

The watch is handsome but the photo itself is fantastic. Lots of interesting items there. Compliments on the "choreography".

14. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

For those that like the Citizen I can also put in a hearty recommendation for the BN0000-04H - an eco-drive equivalent using a solar powered quartz movement (as I see it, the best of both worlds - very accurate and no battery issues to worry about, and even if you don't wear it every day, as long as you don't leave it in a dark drawer, it should be happily ticking away when you next wear it) - 300m WR, a slightly more curvy and less sharp edged design, and at 40mm ideal for those like me blessed with less than beefy wrists.
    I have been wearing mine for going on three years now and it has been superb, the only change being a swap of the rubber strap (comfortable, but didn't breath enough) for a zulu style band.

The NY0040 was an alternative when I was looking, but I slightly preferred the look and movement of this one, otherwise I would have quite likely have been wearing one of those the last few years instead...

On the Citizen model names, I believe the initial part is the watch model number, the code post dash being the strap on that particular model.

15. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks,,,,,, but blame that bugger Bob ,,,,, it's like Toy Story sometimes and he keeps pinching my small change ,,,,,

[​IMG]

16. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

,,,water resist? check. Lum? check. Shock resist? check. Snow?,,,,,,,,, snow!!!!! Wahhhhhh ,,,,, it says nothing about snow in the manual,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]

EDCRVa likes this.
  17. Jabbalaugh

Jabbalaugh Loaded Pockets

Love my Seiko too, quality is awesome, and they're really tough... here's mine (Seiko Solar Chronograph SSC007) after almost a year of daily use...

[​IMG]

18. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Well, it's water resistant and snow is just really cold water...