1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New pens I've just seen 11/18.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Blackbeagle, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

RiteInTheRain has a set of new pens. One of which appears to be a plastic pen taking Fisher refills that appears to be similar to the Inka or the Zebra Compact or a plastic Fisher X-750? Available in black and orange. Bought it to live in my bag as a "I just lost my main pen, where's my spare?" The other has a cap that clips to your belt and the pen drops in - kind of like a knife sheath. https://www.riteintherain.com/all-weather-pens

Zebra has a new pen - X-701. Pressurized barrel. ?Similar to the Airforce? Looks the act of pressing the plunger pressurizes the cartridge, gives you space pen type antigravity performance. Supposed to be available later this month. https://www.zebrapen.com/product/x-701-retractable-ballpoint-0-7mm-black/?source=brand

My local Office Depot had a blowout sale. The Bic stick pens went for box of 60 for $2. Golf pencils were box of 144 for $4. Sam's had the Bic pens for $96 for $4. Got enough "leave in the car, leave on my desk and let people steal" pens/pencils for a loooong time.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I like that Rite in the Rain Plastic Pocket Pen. Looks like it would be good to pair up with my Kaweco Sport when I'm pocket carrying.

As for the Zebra X-701, I've seen a few negative reviews. Pens received in a ziplock bag (inside the shipping envelope) and have leaked in transit (maybe due to pressure from high altitudes when shipped via plane?). Also, the pen is (reportedly) mostly plastic - not the solid construction of the F-701. If all of this is true, it's a shame. I like the looks and would like having a Fisher refill type of option - without mods - in one of my favorite pens. Hopefully, they'll work out the kinks. I would really like to try one out.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  3. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

The newest F-701 pens do not require any modifications to accept the Fisher Space Pen refill.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet and twin63 like this.