1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Pebble 2, Time 2, and Pebble Core

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Plexabit, May 24, 2016.

1. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

2. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing a Pebble Time for about.. 7-8 months now? I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY love it. It has replaced wearing a regular watch (Casio ProTrek that now lives on my backpack) and a separate fitness tracker. It gives you all the functionality of a smartwatch - apps, watchfaces, weather, notifications, text replies, etc. - but cuts out the high-res display. I'm more of a function over beauty person, and by cutting out that high-res display and using e-ink instead, their battery lasts 5-10 days instead of 1 (My time gets 5-6 days, the new Pebble Time 2 forecasts 10). It's waterproof for all intensive purposes as well (obviously no diving with it, but swimming, showering, etc. is a go). The sleep tracking and step counting is pretty accurate I believe, and they just added a "smart alarm" feature, one that wakes you at a "good" point within a range of designated times, to their stock alarm as well. The OS, if you will, is constantly being worked on and updated as well. When it gets low on battery, it gives you warnings and tells you how long you have, and then when it actually does run out, it puts a low power clock on the face that can last about a day as well. Recharging to full only takes 2 to 2.5 hours. This thing is invaluable to me, the holy grail of watches. It doesn't look too bad either, fits very comfortably and accepts a wide array of bands (anything 22mm). I'd marry it if I could.

Plexabit likes this.
  3. Cyclops_hammer

Cyclops_hammer Loaded Pockets

I've always thought id like a Smartwatch, but the more I got into looking at them I realized I'd only wear one when I was at the gym for the heart rate function. The rest of the features would be a waste. Might still back it on KS just to try it out. Cant beat the cost of the Pebble