1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Parker Jotter Stainless

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by ecksdog, Oct 20, 2020.

1. ecksdog

ecksdog Loaded Pockets

I ordered a new Stainless Jotter on Amazon because the price was down to 10 bucks. I read many mixed reviews that it’s not as good as the old ones. I also have an old one from the 80’s. I can attest to the fact the quality is still there. Feels as good as old one with crisp positive clicks. Also ordered Schneider refills which are the bomb.

2. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Glad to hear.
    I love the SS jotter.

3. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Some of the reviews might be for fakes?

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

4. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

Or from people who never used an older version, or people who watch too many reviews hyping up the pen and it doesn't live up to those expectations...I've read negative reviews about the m65 feild jacket fitting too big when they've never actually worn an issued one.

5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Online reviews, in general can be misleading. I see many reviews of products on Amazon that give 1 star because the product arrived damaged, for instance. That, of course has nothing to do with the product and skews the overall rating, especially on a product with few reviews.

6. MichiganMan

MichiganMan Loaded Pockets

Eh, agreed, but it cuts both ways. The bane of my shopping research is the number of people that open up a product and rush to Amazon to give it five stars if it simply works and doesn't start an electrical fire on its first use.

Till, Tesla and echo victor like this.
  7. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Maybe they should go pass/fail?

8. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Amazon has the data; they know when an item was ordered, shipped, and delivered. Perhaps they should prevent an item's review until it has been recorded as delivered and some "X" number of days/weeks has elapsed since delivery.

This approach would require more coding (and perhaps it couldn't apply in 100% of cases) but, the more I think about it, I'm not sure that Amazon would want to interfere at all. I recall that, some years ago, eBay reviews were like the wild west until they took steps to rein them in.

9. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I like the SS Jotter. I also have the London Architecture Jotter that has a chrome body/grip as well as some plastic body ones.

The Jotter will always be the replacement of the pen that started my pen journey in college; the Papermate Profile.

I like the size and shape of the Jotters and will always be able to write the fastest with them...After all my EDC metal pens the SS Jotter is the one pen I can aways say is still the best for writing.

The only downside to them is the clip.. Lately Ive been carrying my pens in the my jean pockets for those zombie runs to the supermarket etc..
    the Jotter clip would be ruined or at least bent out on my jeans if clipped to them. The exception being my shorts pocket in the summer which is thinner.
    If Parker had just made the clip a little thicker or more robust it would be the perfect pen.

10. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Yeah I love the Jotters with patterns on them. Pick up the London ones a while back[​IMG][​IMG]

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

11. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I don't think their vision for the pen was being carried in a jeans or shorts pocket...shirt pocket, yes. I think it may be a lot to ask for a $10 pen to be bulletproof.

Bad Company and RMinNJ like this.
  12. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I agree the Jotters were never made for jean carry. Times we live in.. I'd be interested in how folks carry Jotters specifically if you don't have a shirt pocket. I have sometimes just put it my jeans pocket but I'm worried sometimes it will poke a hole in my pants pocket. I will say the Jotters are quire durable when dropped due to their weight and I never have any fear of that.

#12 RMinNJ, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  13. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Yes, these were originally designed to fit a dress shirt front pocket, along with a small note pad.
    I envision NASA Mission Control guys in white, short sleeved dress shirts, skinny black-tie, smoking a pack!

Nick4305 and Tesla like this.
  14. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Watch Madmen if you want the look with the Jotter....

Bad Company likes this.
  15. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

If I had a jotter I would put it in here[​IMG][​IMG]

echo victor likes this.