1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Pack Recomendation

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by MarineLEO, Aug 7, 2020.

1. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

So i had a lot of luck with this community before. Previously I was looking for a messenger bag for edc that I could use for work. Now I’m looking for a pack that I can use. My job has me moving from Europe to the Middle East so I’m looking for something that will blind better than a bison leather messenger bag. I love the wax canvas bags or even the hemp bags made in Nepal. They blend in without standing out too much. The Blackhawk Diversion Wax Canvased bags were awesome they had all the organization, hidden pistol pocket, and the computer pocket. The only problem is it seems small, expensive, and they no longer make it. I’m willing to pay the money for a good bag but I was it to fit everything I need, It needs to be discreet, plenty of admin/organization, laptop sleeve or something similar built in, a CCW pocket would be ideal but not required, I prefer the packs with a flap, lastly if it could fit a soft armor plate that would be ideal. As for what it will be used for it will mostly be used to go back and forth too work but also to scout ahead doing a security assessment for embassy events or any meetings the ambassador will be attending. As I am on the forward operating team I do not dress in a suit I dress as a “greyman” as possible whatever that may be for the situation.

2. Thehunt

Thehunt Loaded Pockets

Well, that´s a rather long list ;-)

Take a look at the Entity series from Maxpedition, maybe there´s something for you?

Additionally you could look at Groundgear and let them make you a pack for you. I custom ordered a shoulderbag from them with similar needs as you, the craftsmanship is top notch, but you have to wait, that´s the downside.

Keep us posted!

3. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Thehunt thank you for the recommendations, and yeah a bit of a long list . I like the entity series of bags but I think they may be my plan B. I do really like the bags by greoundgear I haven’t heard of them till now. They look well made, did you have a custom bag made? If so what was the process like and how did you go about getting it made?

4. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

Vertx Last Call pack may be close. I have one of their messengers and use it quite a bit, good quality.
    [​IMG]

5. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

I’m a fan of Mystery Ranch stuff, I have a couple and like them. Their new Rip Ruck might be another option. It has a slighty tactical design, imo, but you will know more about that than I.

This is the 24L version, pricey but very well made.
    [​IMG]

6. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

JCombs I like both packs actually. I really like the Mystery Ranch I think I will order it for use as my bailout bag! The Vertx looks a lot like what I’m looking for I’m going to look more into it.

jcombs likes this.
  7. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Savotta packs available from Varusteleka - they make military spec gear for the Scandinavian military. Great stuff I use all the time.

8. Thehunt

Thehunt Loaded Pockets

The process is rather simple, I told Peter what alterations I needed done, and he confirmed that what I needed was doable.

The bag looks like this:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mounting option on the botton, keyper, padded laptop sleeve (SAPI plates size M will fit.) and grab handle.

Greyman enough for me, and sturdy as hell.

9. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Thehunt that looks awesome I’ll be contacting them for a pack this week.

Thehunt likes this.
  10. Thehunt

Thehunt Loaded Pockets

Send Peter my regards!

Cheers
    Marc

11. Osage

Osage Loaded Pockets

Thehunt likes this.