1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

new neck Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jester02k, Apr 26, 2009.

1. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Hi guys
    Since the Bark River PSK are taking a little longer than expected I'm in the market for a new neck knife. I am presently thinking on the tops Sparrow Hawke Link
    Dose anyone have one that can tell me about the knife Good vs Bad?
    And on that note anyone have any other suggestions?
    What im looking for is an all around small back up neck knife presently I have been using a RAT IZULA I'm looking for something a little smaller so I can ware it EDC. Price wise I'm looking to spend in the $100 dollar range seeing that I have a PSK ordered any help would be appreciated

Thanks Jester02k

2. MandM

MandM Loaded Pockets

Hey Jester,

The Sparrow hawk is pretty similar (at least in size) to the TOPS Ferret which I bought a while ago and carried until my GF stole it to be her purse knife. I can't complain about the Ferret at all. It's a well-made, heavy duty little knife. I think you'll be happy with it and it should be dang close to what you're looking for. (I bought my GF her own Izula and she also said it's just a bit too big... which is why she stole my Ferret.)

Good luck!

3. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 Loaded Pockets

I have a www.blindhorseknives.comBlind horse knives patch knife that I EDC. I had considered buying an Izula as well, but the patch knife looked a little smaller. They also make the Tiger Knapp which is the same size as the patch knife but it is a neck knife version with no scales. I would get the neck sheath for the patch knife which is $12, works well for around the neck and I also use mine in my pocket as a pocket sheath. Either of these is cheaper then the Tops knife and I've used both of them so I can vouch that they are solid, well made knives that will last.

4. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

why do you need a neck knife?

the benefits of a neck knife are limited
    1) if you wear it outside of all layers, it's quick to deploy, but draws attention to you
    2) if you wear it underneath any layer, it's difficult to draw

unless you're in an area where open carry of weapons is legal and socially acceptable (too many stories about OCers getting hassled), you should reconsider the neck knife as an option in any capacity.

5. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

To each their own...just a tip since you're new (and welcome), but a lot of people will carry many things in many ways that you may not feel make sense, are reasonable, etc. Best to just let them do their thing and you do yours. I have a neck knife, but I don't wear it around my neck. It's not the only way to carry a necker.

6. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Hi Guys thanks for the tips Ill check that knife too
    jehan60188 I'm in field service I normally carry A kershaw skyline and the pocket clip wears the lip of my pockets out i use a knife allot opening boxes cutting wires. Most of the time I will be using it in combination with a tool belt so I'm not too worried besides most neck knives are small
    jester02k

7. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 Loaded Pockets

I like neck knives because they make good EDC knives. I rarely carry mine in the around the neck position, but I often carry it in my pocket.

8. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha jester02k,

Um...how about one of these? It's the Boker Plus/CLB Design EDIT FB. :-X 440C, Titanium coat, comes with a breakaway chain, and a fancy lanyard. Sheath is molded polymer of some kind, and well...it's just a great knife, in whatever mode you choose to carry it in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

God bless and thanks again! :angel:

9. crowdgather

crowdgather Empty Pockets

I love fatty knives!

10. chris in mo

chris in mo Loaded Pockets

You may also want to consider the Becker BK11 "Becker Necker". Terrific little knife at an unbeatable price.

11. STi

STi Empty Pockets

Off topic but are you from http://mp-pistol.com/boards/?

12. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Who me? No never been to that forum
    Jester02k

13. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

oh I like that Daywalker its a little wide but I like it.

14. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Hi all
    Thanks for all the input I checked out them all and went with the Tops Sparrow Hawke just something stuck when I saw it.
    And once I saw the Boker Plus CLB it was an even tie so I got them both.
    Thanks again
    Jester02k