1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New MWDP Custom SAK!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by XeroTheHero, Jun 18, 2013.

1. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

After seeing numerous custom scales for various knives on the forums here, I decided it was finally time to get my own. I chose go with my SAL Tinker that is near and dear to me, and looked to MWDP to provide the scales! I sent it off a few weeks ago after we had worked out a trade and got it back in the mail yesterday and this thing is a beauty!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My pics really don't do it justice. I chose the wenge wood as I like darker colors, and this one came out wonderfully. If you are looking for custom SAK scales, MWDP is the way to go!

LefsaBL, Gretsch308, Vesp and 5 others like this.
  2. MWDP

MWDP Banned

Glad you like it, I love wenge and it always turns out nice :)

3. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I like wenge a lot too. It is very textured.

4. MWDP

MWDP Banned

I have this and the cross-cut pattern with the broader spaces in the pattern but this one is much more handsome in my humble opinion. Can't wait to get some more interesting types of wood on my hands... Maybe I'm also allergic to something and I never knew it either :D

5. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

My cocobolo allergy developed over time. You can also develop an allergy just by exposure to nearly all woods. People react to different stuff and the rose woods (like cocobolo) are common irritants. Wear a dusk mask and you'll likely be fine. I still work with cocobolo with no noticeable irritant, I just can't wear it next to my skin.

If you get an opportunity I recommend Curly Koa. It can be pricy, but it is really cool. :D

MWDP likes this.
  6. Rogerschrisj

Rogerschrisj Loaded Pockets

Looks nice. I'd like to see some pictures after the wood becomes a little stained and pocket worn. Then it will really have some character.

7. MWDP

MWDP Banned

I think there are some pics of that in Vesp's EDC thread. It's pretty dark so you cannot really see the stains, and I rubbed some beeswax in so it should only look better with time :)