1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New member from the Netherlands.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jurphaas, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Jurphaas

Jurphaas Empty Pockets

Hi all - please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jurphaas and I am still a member of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. I am in the rank of Chief Master Sergeant and after more than 36 years of active duty, I will retire from the RNLAF on June 30th. It has been a hell of a ride and it has taken me places. I've been stationed at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas for 3 years, I was stationed with the Air National Guard, Tucson Arizona for an other couple of years. At both postings I was involved with the pilot training of our F-16 fighter pilots. I also have been stationed in Germany with our command guided Missille systems - Nike Hercules and Hawk -. I have also been involved with NATO's peacekeeping efforts over former Yougoslavia at HQ 5ATAF in Vicenza, Italy.  Currently I oversee a medical testing and mustering deptartment at our Naval facility in Amsterdam. This is my last posting and it is a lot of fun working with the mixed and mainly young medical staff there. During my carreer, I have been tranferred 19 times. My wife and I have moved house 14 times and I have difficulties explaining to strangers that I am NOT a gipsy!
    My interests are dogs, knives, flashlights, tactical gear and (fast) cars. I partisipate in three other forums like Spyderco, CPM and Flashlight Forums.
    I hope to learn from you all and to make frequent visits. See you all here and Check Six at all times!
    Jurphaas.

2. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard!  Glad you're here.  This is one of my favorite knives...Victorinox "Dutch Soldier":

Attached Files:

3. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter Loaded Pockets

My Dear Jurphaas,

Good to see you here, my friend! I joined as well!

-----------
    Hannibal

4. Jurphaas

Jurphaas Empty Pockets

Well, well, well, my dear Hanibal - how much alike we are! Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm very happy to become part of this very young but also very promising and interesting Forum. EDC Galore! - Let's hear it from all of you and I will chime in also!
    Jurphaas.

5. denise

denise Empty Pockets

Jurphaas, welcome to our forum! Wow, what an interesting life you have led. I bet you have some great stories. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

6. Darksabre

Darksabre Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the forum Jurphaas.

7. Jurphaas

Jurphaas Empty Pockets

Thanks to denise and Darksabre for their warm welcome. Nice to get to know you.
    I see quite a bit of Atwood stuff around here and I must admit that Peter's work is very tempting. I carry one of his Pry-babies and I like it a lot. Bombproof micro tools - Yeah!

8. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Excellent, I am in good company with the good Dr. Lecter and Jurphaas.

Now we may get to see what else you EDC besides the blades.

9. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Alohallo sir Jur',

VERY good to see you my dear friend. Rustig aan en groeten aan je vrouw O0

God bless :angel: