1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New job, help me set up a new edc!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Warfusion, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

So I have been on this forum for some time now. Been more of a lurker than participant as of late. Anyway I've been at a new job for some time now in a hospital and have no real need for much edc. So here's the what I carry as of now... Gerber gdc skintech, Gerber dime, nitecore tube, wallet, and a keysmart. I feel under prepared mostly because I'm use to carrying my surge, spyderco, more keys due to a different job, and tools due to being a handyman. Now BTW I'm an OR cleaner. So at night I'm scrubbing and disinfectanting.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. joeyontz

joeyontz Loaded Pockets

Never having been and OR cleaner i would think the two most used EDC items would be a good flashlight and a nice one handed folder. The skintech seems like a great choice. I have a Streamlight AAA Protach. lightweight, very bright and east to use. For me, I wouldn't want to carry to much in my scrubs through.

3. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

You always need a knife.

Cheers

Benbrooks and Warfusion like this.
  4. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Get a flashlight that you can attach to your badge, and get yourself a neck knife. This is what I did; I am a Surgical Technologist.

Benbrooks and Warfusion like this.
  5. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

I was a transporter for five years, wore scrubs most days. My hospital, and all I've visited later as a traveling sales rep, have a weapons policy at bare minimum, and occasionally metal detectors. Not sure about your site, but maybe stick to a pair of EMT shears, for sharps. Or a Leatherman Raptor if you're fancy. A clicky pen light with a pocket clip is handy, plus your choice of watch. Most everything else will probably stay in your locker. Do you need to be sterile? If so, you'll be wearing masks, gloves, one of those hat thing, booties, and a smock over your scrubs.

6. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

A carry a Leatherman Squirt Ps4 and a Olight i3 flashlight in my scrubs, attached to my badge. OR’s maynot have any windows and they get DARK!

BTW I’m a nurse anesthetist