1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Items At Shot Show 2014

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by JustaGhost, Dec 23, 2013.

1. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Glad I already have a few Emersons. These will be a good deal.

2. Havoc

Havoc Loaded Pockets

For the price these look really appealing. But after seeing the ZT-Emerson collaboration, I don't think I'll be happy till I get myself a 0620CF.

SAKplumber likes this.
  3. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Are there prices listed?

4. certifiednut

certifiednut Loaded Pockets

i need at least 1 4 5 and 6

5. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Yes, interesting. I like the looks of the 2K the most, except the slight recuve in the edge. After that the 5K or the 4K would be my choices...

It would probably end up that after I own one about an hour, I'd be grinding that stupid hook off the back of the blade so it Stops grabbing in my pocket on the draw... but thats My distaste for the wave theory. YMMV.

SAKplumber likes this.
  6. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

I've be really interested in the 4k or 6k if Kershaw did it in their 14C28N, which I actually really like for low-mid end steel...

7. gear_queer

gear_queer Loaded Pockets

very interested, but ill wait to see what people think before i get in bed with one.

8. AK Adventurer

Not sure if this is a SHOT presentation or not, but have you guys seen the new Kershaw Camber that was just announced?

Pretty much a Blur with a flipper. 4.2" closed, AO, Liner lock, S30V steel blade and 6061 aluminum handle with "Trac-Tec" inserts. Not real fond of the slight recurve to the blade, but the size and materials are a step in the right direction, I like it! (I'm already planning to make new inserts for the handle in MoonGlow when I can get one! :cool: )

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1144443-First-look-New-Kershaw-Camber-1678

Renegador and powerring like this.
  9. AK Adventurer

Oooooh... also new out is a factory black G10 handled Cryo!(1555g10) Should lighten the design up for folks that think the steel handles are too heavy...

Also looks like a Cryo and Cryo2 in blackwash finish, and A blackwash Cryo with a modern tanto point blade.

AND I gotta get one of these, the Kershaw Ember... a 2" blade, 2.8" handle Hinderer design, touted as a mini Cryo...
    I could post pics, but I'd have to steal them from somewhere like bladehq(best pics I could find), and I'm not comfortable doing that even if I Don't hot link them... So google is your friend. ;)

powerring likes this.
  10. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Personally, neither of those really excite me. They also released a new Versipack but I'm not feeling that one either. They're pricier, but the bags I'm still most excited about are the frame packs they released late last year - the Zafar and Xantha. Particularly the Zafar since it's the smaller pack and at 1,700 cubic inches in volume the one best suited for Every Day Carry. Your mileage may vary.

11. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Wow, Kershaw is coming out with a raft of neat looking stuff! Good to see. :)

I'd love to get a look at the new Juices to see if they've fixed the difficult to open screwdriver bits. And darn, they were halfway to producing the all stainless finish Juice that I've wanted for a long time.

12. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

I would like to see the new Versipack. It seems like it is sized comparable to the Mongo. I like my Mongo, but still don't like the messenger style flap. I would really love for Maxped to come out with a larger version of the colossus. I love that bag, but it's too small for my needs.

ETA: the new Active Shooter bags look like a direct response to 5.11s Banger bags.

CNeal likes this.
  13. ldelray

ldelray Loaded Pockets

SHOT Show 2014- Maxpedition video:

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wow. i woulda hoped for more innovation than just a color palet and texture. I guess the tool itself is good enough and doesn't need any changes though.
    I was gonna say that^^until I read this>>
    As for the Leap...thats a good idea for addeing the blade later, but then she goes on to say that the lock is two handed and keeps fingers out of the way of the closing blade...while she has her hand in front of the closing blade:rolleyes_revamped: Coulda thought a little more ahead on that one and practiced it a little before shooting the video:rofl:

T.H.Cone, Ippon and AK Adventurer like this.
  15. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

There is alot of shot show stuff going on at instagram

16. ldelray

ldelray Loaded Pockets

Anything new from 5.11?

17. Antouant

Antouant Loaded Pockets

Is Victorinox exhibiting @ Shot Show?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ......

18. Zambowhite

Zambowhite Empty Pockets

The most compelling products that I saw were at the Vertx booth, they had a sling, messenger, and a couple of backpacks. Very well thought out, not tactical looking, but can be if you want it to be, quality seems to be better than maxpedition and 5.11. I've been using Vertx pants for a while now, just better engineered stuff, relegated the 5.11 pants to the donation bin. The new bags Are not on the website last I checked but coming out in a few months.

19. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

20. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Wth the advent of the new ITW plastic cobra buckles, I would love to see 5.11 come out with a Maverick belt that is "TSA" compliant.