1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New for Leatherman 2010

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Manatakui, Nov 10, 2009.

1. TempestV

TempestV Loaded Pockets

I see "hammer" being listed as a feature on the Mut. How exactly is this accomplished, and has anyone handled the Mut that can say how effective it is at being a hammer?

2. nevermas

nevermas Loaded Pockets

image link

the hammer is the flat end on the right side

it worked well banging on the display table at shot, but i haven't tried with an actual nail or stake

3. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

4. brianch

brianch Empty Pockets

That MUT looks neat. If it comes out I would pick one up. Handy tool to have for firearm owners. :idiot2:

5. nevermas

nevermas Loaded Pockets

well, right now just for ar-15 users because the takedown punches are different sized. then again, i guess if you're using an ak, you won't have much trouble with maintenance. i remember someone once characterized the carbon fouling problems that plagues the ar design to the piston system essentially throwing back up in your own mouth. :laugh:

6. TempestV

TempestV Loaded Pockets

How large is the striking face?
    Can you unfold the tool for a longer hammer handle, or do you need to have it folded up to use it as a hammer?

7. nevermas

nevermas Loaded Pockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZhKGCDUfS4

product guide of the MUT, you can see the hammer in action. Not sure on the size of the striking surface, think of it as the width of your thumb as a general guide.

due to ship in september

8. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for sharing the video. The MUT is awesome, but I just do not have a use for it. For those who do use it, I hope it serves them well and that they stay safe.

9. TempestV

TempestV Loaded Pockets

I really like the selection of tools, and for more than just shooting. The scraper looks ideal for cleaning a lot more than just firearms, and would stop me from using my knife for cleaning purposes like I frequently do. The punch and cord cutter would also be very handy for a lot more than just firearms. About the only tool that I might not use for non firearm purposes would be the bolt override tool, and now that I think about it, that would probably make and excellent prybar. I could easily see myself EDC'ing this. Of course, on the other hand, it still wouldn't replace a number of tools from my SOG that I use on a regular basis, and I'm not sure I would want to EDC two multitools...

10. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

Great vid on the Mut, I look forward to checking one out once they are released.

11. brianch

brianch Empty Pockets

Looks great. Im excited :D Definitely going to pick one up. Save me from having to bring some tools when I go shooting :highfive: Gotta wait till September though... :thumbsdown:

12. Pheonix886

Pheonix886 Loaded Pockets

Looks like Skeletool and freestyle meet actual functionality and durability :p

13. xm8

xm8 Banned

I wish LM made a civilian version of the Mut without all the AR15 tools.

14. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

The ES4, PS4, Style, Style CS, and MUT now appear on the Leatherman Website. Of note, the P4, S4, and E4 are now listed in retired tools. I know it will take quite some time before those tools become scarce, but if you were thinking about getting one you may want to to do so sooner rather than later.

15. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

They are available for pre-order on amazon.com now. The Style and Style CS are $20 and $25, but the Squirt CS4 is $40. That's a bit steep for a Squirt, IMHO. I pre-ordered the Style CS, though.

16. collisrw

collisrw Loaded Pockets

Anyone seen the new Leatherman MUT? I have to have one of the tatical ones.

17. bigfatton

bigfatton Loaded Pockets

Unless you actually use an M16/AR15, I would hold off on the MUT, I think one of it's biggest advantages is the bolt override tool. But I have a feeling we're gonna see more of the big tools in Skeletool form coming up, and probably with less weapon specific tools. if you DO use those guns though, this looks like a great buy!