1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New folders

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Buckeye Jake, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I decided to order a few . Since Dec, I got benchmade 940 , spyderco manix2 and a lil native.
    The benchmade was because of my grandson. He ordered one and I liked it a lot .
    I normally care a small sebenza. So the benchmade was in the ball park. A fine little knife .
    Once I got it adjusted, it is as nice as it goes, until you spend twice the amount. S30v steel.
    Axis lock . Osbourne designed. It easy could fit the roll of edc do every thing knife .American made .
    Next came the lil native .g10 ,s30v steel, compression lock . Small edc knife .American made. I had handled many spyderco knives ,over the years but the handles had really turned me off . This little guy was well made ..
    Next came the manix2, a limited run from dlt . Red g10 .ball bearing lock ,cpm 20cv steel , again American made . This is a large heavy duty folder .
    Next came a golden stone from spyderco to keep an edge on them .
    You won't enjoy using stones on these newer steels .
    I am interested in any comments on my picks . You younger guys have a world of great picks .
    Now when pocket one it's a chore to decide . The small sebenza always but then it it gets funky.

Jake

That Movie Guy and JHGM like this.
  2. HoustonB77

HoustonB77 Loaded Pockets

The 940 is probably my all time favorite EDC. I own 2. Overal it sounds like you ave some really nice blades. Be careful though. It is addicting

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  3. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Recently acquired the 940-1...

I see what all the fuss is about now.

Also a fellow Manix fan...

I've got the lightweight as my yard knife and a blue in S110V that I'm very fond of...

So much so that I rarely carry it.

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  4. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I really want to try a spyderco shaman. It's seems like a good compromise . Maybe Sprint in a different steel .
    I have a grandson who is a knife nut . So they will always have a good home.

Jake

JHGM likes this.
  5. Joseph08

Joseph08 Loaded Pockets

Yes, collecting these folders are pretty addicting. I bought this U.S. Army Brigade Pocket Knife and still i am looking for more. There are such fabulous knives on the market. Difficult to resist lol.