1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Airsoftgun99, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Airsoftgun99

Airsoftgun99 Empty Pockets

I want a powerful light. About 4 or 5 inches long. I wanna store it on a sheath on my belt. Pretty much it. Oh and I need a push button on the back

Thanks

2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

How much u want to spend? Nitecore has some good stuff

3. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

You have described about 100 lights ;). What batteries do you want to use and how many of them? Any preference on number of modes or output?

Powerful is a relative descriptor. 500 lumens is a TON of light as is 1300+ lumens. With the same light and same battery one will appear more bright but not nearly the difference as 1/5th the runtime on high (or so).

A good place to start looking would probably be the Eagletac TX25C2 if you want to run a 18650 or two CR123's. If you want to run AA's their GX25A3 even though it's a side-clicky.

4. Jon O

Jon O Loaded Pockets

I would second the Nitecore range, but also throw in my favourite The Fenix range with Led Lenser (are they just in the UK?) as another contender. Without being over run with suggestions you will have to throw a few more specifics in. Powerful usually puts you out of the AA range but they themselves have advantages. Price is probably your biggest factor, give us a steer on that at least :)

5. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

If you run three or more AA's in serial you can push most LED's as hard as commercially viable. The GX25A3 uses 3 Eneloops to produce about a thousand lumens (2.5amps) from an XM-L2.

6. K.Hurrle

K.Hurrle Loaded Pockets

At 260 lumens for about 50-60.00 the Streamlight Protac 2L is a pretty good light. It requires 2 cr123a batteries and has high strobe and low and is programmable. Just my .02

7. moshow9

moshow9 Loaded Pockets

If a barn-burner is not a requirement, and provided you are okay with CR123/RCR123 battery chemistry, I would recommend an HDS Clicky. You get the option of a tactical (protruding) or flush button (electronic tail clicky). The light has four preset modes and each mode is configurable, along with other settings. Comes with a pocket clip and a kydex holster can also be purchased for it.

8. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

Surefire Fury. Great tough light, and customer support (right here in the US of A) should you need it! ... Or check out a Malkoff as well!

9. Rattlecan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rattlecan Loaded Pockets

Love this light!:D
    The fury that is!
    Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

azpops likes this.
  10. gibbsrule9
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Memoria in Aeterna

11. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Fenix PD35 - 2 - CR123a's, tail clicky, 850 lumens. I've only had it for a week or so but I love it.

12. desertdog256

desertdog256 Loaded Pockets

Take a look at a customizable light with P60 drop-in. Lots of choices in brightness, tint, and battery configurations. Surefire 6P is probably the standard, but there are some clones like Solarforce L2 or Ultrafire 502b that are good quality very affordable. Solarforce/Surefire parts and accessories are interchangeable. 3 mode and 5 mode lights give you long run time vs. very bright option in the same light.

13. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

How big is your sheath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. joelbnyc

joelbnyc Loaded Pockets

Eagletac G25C2 MKII is 1180 lumens and super throwy bec of the larger head, but this makes the included sheath very large, and it's 5.9."

I've had both G25C2 and the slim D25LC2, and the G25 is much brighter and throws much farther than the D25CL2 even though both use 18650 battery and same XM-L2 head.

The TX25C2 is similar but less throwy, with smaller head and 4.7" long, prob better on a belt.

Both are 18650 or 2x cr123 lights. It's all a tradeoff, you need a larger head for more otf lumens and throw, but at the expense of small size of a normal 'edc' light.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

15. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

4Sevens Quark pro with Burst mode?