1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Flashlight Not Working - Want to Check Before Returning

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SwissArmyTenor, Sep 3, 2020.

1. SwissArmyTenor

SwissArmyTenor Empty Pockets

Just received a Fenix UC35 1000 Lumen flashlight. Seems DOA, but would like to check w/ some folks more knowledgeable than I before I return it, to be sure I'm not overlooking something obvious.

Here's what I know:

- I did remove the thin, circular piece that separates the rear of the battery from the light's end cap connection, which prevents the light from turning on during shipping.

- It would not turn on after unboxing, so figured battery was dead. Instructions say a full charge takes about 3.5 hours. I did that, and checked every half hour for function. No go.

- Instructions say a light in the forward function button lights up red while charging, turning to green when charged. Each time I checked for function and plugged it back in (unit isn't supposed to function while charging), the red light would come on, then after about 20 seconds it would turn to green...which would indicate the battery is charged...but odd that it starts out red.

- I checked the area where the forward part of the battery meets it's connection, and didn't find anything that would cause a separation.

Sounds DOA to me, but thought I'd see if I was missing something before returning it or contacting Fenix.

TIA!

#1 SwissArmyTenor, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. SwissArmyTenor

Just went and got a couple of batteries at the drug store. Flashlight works, so the re-chargeable battery that came with the light is bad. I'll exchange for another and hold on to the standard batteries as a backup.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Glad you were able to identify the problem. Hopefully they’ll get a new battery to you quickly.

4. SwissArmyTenor

Thanks. At first I didn't want to shell out the money for 2 of those batteries (re-chargeable it came with was 1 long battery, but you can use 2 CR123's), but then figured it would be fine to have them as back-ups.

Also wanted to put the light through it's paces to make sure it was what I wanted before I decided whether to return or exchange, as I was buying on reputation and YT video testimony :)

I will definitely be exchanging. It is one great light.

twin63 likes this.