1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New EDC/Trip Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by jester8798, Jul 18, 2016.

1. jester8798

jester8798 Loaded Pockets

Hey all,

I've been lurking on the site for quite a while but finally am at a point where I'd like to replace my stand by since college, the Jansport Cordillera 33. I picked up a Vanquest IBEX 20 a while back that works well for carry to work but isn't quite big enough for times when I need to carry more gear.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/jansport/cordillera-33/

I'm looking at the Kelty MAP3500, Kelty Redwing 32, Osprey Stratos 34, Osprey Kestrel 32, Gregory Z30, and Mystery Ranch Scree. There is tons of good info on the MAP and some on the two Osprey models but I haven't found much on the Gregory and there is hardly any info for the Scree which I'm assuming is because it's new.

Any thoughts? Anybody have any of these personally?

Last edited by jester8798, Jul 21, 2016
  2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I only have experience with the MAP3500. It's one of my favorite bags (I like it so much that I bought a spare a few months back). At 38L, it's great for times that my EDC bag (Pygmy Falcon) is too small but I don't want/need to move up to my Redwing 50, ASO bag, etc.

All of the bags you've listed are good quality. If you're near an REI or similar outdoors store, it would be helpful if you could check some bags out in person.

3. jester8798

Thanks twin63! I'm really considering the MAP. The blue is on sale right now which I'm eyeing although I would definitely prefer black but they're out of stock. I'm going to check out my local Moosejaw store tomorrow, they have Osprey and Gregory that I can at least get my hands on.

Did you pick yours up from Amron? What color?

4. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I picked up one in Ocean Grey from the forum's BST section a while back. I really like the color, but I don't think it's available right now. I also have one in Coyote Brown that I got from Amron. The Indigo Blue looks pretty nice, especially for $109. That's a great price.

5. jester8798

Yeah, I thought that price was pretty decent. I do like the Ocean Grey too but I can't check out the BST section yet, I need to get my post count up first.

Thanks again!

6. jester8798

Well I had a chance last night to take a look at the Gregory Z30 and the Osprey Kestrel 32. Both are very nice but the only thing that bothers me is that there isn't as much organization as the MAP or Redwing have. I guess I have some thinking to do.....