1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New EDC pen light

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. I've carried 3 Pen lights in my time. Well, technically 4 if you count the maglite solitaire. My first was a streamlight microstream. I wasn't a huge fan of it. I didn't like how short it was in my pocket, the button was crap and I felt like I was holding a q-tip. My second was a streamlight stylus pro. I loved that light. I used it every single day for work and it was used (not abused) and took its beatings well. It worked great for what I wanted it for at the time. Wish they'd make one with a few more modes and a bit brighter. Form factor was awesome. Last one is foursevens preon p2. I love the light but dislike how the head can be turned and wish it had a rubber button though it's not a necessity.

My question to you guys is, what's the latest and greatest? I'm looking for something with decent lumen output (over 200 on the high end) in a 2 AAA light. A few modes (high, med, low) strobe isn't something I need on this light. A pocket clip.

Thanks!

#1 SuzukiGS750EZ, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

umm. Maybe you can clarify. From what you wrote, both your first and second were Streamlight Stylus Pro? The first one was short and you disliked it but the second was just right and you loved it?

I r confused.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

LUMINTOP IYP365 with the Cree emitter will push 200 lumens and 3 modes. There's a version with a Nichia emitter with higher CRI, but lower output.

ATB,
    Sam

4. SuzukiGS750EZ

My bad. The first light was a microstream. Must have had stylus pro on the brain!

5. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I’ve been using the Thorfire PF01 and 02 (1 AA and 2AA respectively) and have found them pretty solid over the last two years. Multiple modes make them great for diagnostic work as well as daily lighting.

6. SuzukiGS750EZ

I bought the thrunite ti4t

7. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

Good choice. You won't be disappointed. :)