1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New edc gear

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by christopherdiehl, Jan 10, 2017.

1. christopherdiehl

christopherdiehl Empty Pockets

Im just curious as to where everyone buys their edc gear from? Is there a few good websites to buy from? Local brick and mortars?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Depends on what kind of things you're looking to carry. And what you are willing to spend on each item. If you can tell us that, there are a lot of people here who can help you. Cheers from Holland mate

Cheers

3. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Agree. The local Outdoors/Camping type stores often carry backpacks, multi-tools, knives, etc but when you get into higher end or more specialized gear you probably have to hit some web sites or a specialized store. Unfortunately, a store that specializes in high end knives may not also carry backpacks, flashlights, etc.

4. christopherdiehl

christopherdiehl Empty Pockets

I like alot of keychain doodads and things handmade from raw metals. That and leather goods.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

5. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Well, then you came to the right place. Search in the sub forums for what you are looking for. There are a lot of guys and girls on here that are into the same things you like. Tons of info and knowlege. Hope I could help.

Cheers

6. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Cheers

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I agree with all the comments above. Adding to it though, I have to admit both in volume and dollars, more via Amazon than anywhere else! Includes knives, FAK supplies, some packs, etc etc etc.... Prime has worked well for me. LOL

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

A.B. likes this.
  8. FrankenStein

FrankenStein Loaded Pockets

Dropping in to follow along

I read in the rules something about not advertising or such can we recommend vendors?

9. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Well, it's a kind of gray area I think. I'm not a moderator, but if you say where you buy your goodies I think it's ok. But I don't know. Cheers from Holland mate

Cheers

FrankenStein likes this.
  10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

"I like alot of keychain doodads and things handmade from raw metals. That and leather goods." @christopherdiehl

OK, given those interests: check Unique Titanium, Etsy, Monkey Edge, Peter Atwood's 'Planet Pocket Tool', Jordan Metal Art, Schmuckatelli Company, eBay, Think Geek, Saddleback Leather, Shinola Leather, and -- surprisingly -- Amazon.

Last edited by Cobra 6 Actual, Jan 13, 2017
    #10 Cobra 6 Actual, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  11. FrankenStein

Good list above county comm has a few things and some manufactures sell their own doo-dadds like Fenix as an example.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  12. FrankenStein

Cheers, from the Louisiana Marsh. Thanks, I'm never sure either

13. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

I've got stuff from the dollar stores, liquidation places, thrift stores, off the internet, flea markets and a host of other places.
    Sometimes just the hunt for that piece of perfect gear takes you on an adventure.
    Buying EDC gear isn't tough, but sorting through your needs/wants is usually the bigger issue.
    Whenever I go out I'm always on the lookout for stuff that can be used even if it isn't it's intended purpose.
    For instance, I have a tube that a rechargeable battery for a flashlight came in and I use it for holding two rolls of quarters in.

A.B. likes this.
  14. J_C
    • The Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

When I was actively accumulating stuff, I bought most of it from the old EDCF Forum Store that Jon ran here. He carried a good enough variety to cover what I needed. Pocket knives I have bought from many places, though.

A.B. likes this.
  15. Anodized T

Anodized T Loaded Pockets

I truly wish there were more brick and mortar stores out there that sold higher end gear (flashlights and knives), but to my knowledge, they don't exist.....at least not where I live (Southwest PA). Ifanyone does know of any places, PLEASE let me know!

16. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Maybe try visiting an outdoor/hunting store? Obviously I'm not from you're area but there you can get an awful lot of gear. Cheers from Holland mate

Cheers

17. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Or maybe an army surplus store?

Cheers

18. Anodized T

I have tried places like Field & Stream and Cabelas, but I am talking about levels of gear such as McGizmo flashlights, and Sebenza knives.....Would love to have a place around with these types of gear at hand to see prior to purchase.

19. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

I think there are lots of places you can order online, and if you don't like the product you can send it back. At least, such stores are here in Holland. Cheers from Holland mate

Cheers

20. Anodized T

Appreciate the responses, thanks!