1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New EDC... A beard

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by J4C3, Dec 14, 2011.

1. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

The hubby was easier to housetrain. Slightly.

2. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

While I prefer to be without a beard, I don't like shaving either, so when I don't have to shave, i.e. whenever I have a vacation, I tend to grow a short beard. Maybe half a centimeter or so in a couple of weeks, so it would take me years to grow a ZZ Top beard. With a beard, I look a little like Adam Savage (more so if I grew my hair longer and had similar glasses).

If you grow a longer beard, you can use it to conceal EDC items!

3. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

Or if one grow it far enough, pets ;)

4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I recently shaved mine off after 6.5 years with it.... talk about reactions! Mos of hem positive..That first sunday at church was a real hoot, some folks I'd known for years that had never seen me without one were cool to see react.

I originally grew it out because the razor burn/itch/razor burn and repeat ad infinate was too much for me. Let it grow out a bit and I simply couldn't feel it at all. Took years for me to remember i was the big dude with a beard if described... I couldn't feel it so I never thought of it being there.

I'm growing it back now. Still Hate the never ending itch of staying clean shaven. Just plain works with it. Its 'Me' too. The look just seems to fit who i am.

G.

5. tacticalchef

tacticalchef Loaded Pockets

I have EDC'd a beard without interruption since 1981. That would be significantly more than half of my life with beard than without. Almost as long as I have EDC'd a knife. I have had the beard for so long I tell people I was born with it. Beard is starting to go grey in the middle but no grey on the roof.

In years past, I have worn it long enough to part it in the middle, wrap it around my neck like a scarf, and tuck it in my shirt. Very convenient place to keep a pencil within arms reach. Not outdoors as much these days so I keep it to a more manageable #6 or #4 with the trimmer. My barber moans when I come in as he knows he is in for a workout.

6. Phyxiator

Phyxiator Loaded Pockets

A beard is part of my EDC :D (yup, I'm playing thread necromancer here)

A beard really makes all the difference in the world to me. While most of my peers look like 15, my age is often estimated to be around 23 (and I'm 18!). I've been rockin' a goatee for over a year now and I cut it regularly. My cheek hair has been growing for about 1.5 months by now. I'm 5.8ft tall weighing 165lb and have long hair (down to my lower shoulder area)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

I have been rockin' a beard since my junior year in college. It helps keep me cool in the summer... warm in the winter... also doesn't hurt that it hides my chubby chin :) .

8. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I grew my first beard (a goatee) when I was 15, and had some facial hair for the next ten years.

Nowadays, I wear a full beard in winter, and shave everything (the sparse hair still clinging to the top of my noggin as well) off in the summer. A full beard gets to hot in summer, and I am too old for a goatee now. On the other hand, Norwegian winters are too cold to wander around (or ski) entirely hairless, so a seasonal approach is the only sensible thing for me.

9. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Odd, I suppose YMMV. In the summer the beard keeps me cool. Keeps the sun off my face and when its real hot I get it wet and it acts like a heat sync. might have to try the buzzed hair thing and see how that goes though. :)

10. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

Mine is about a weeks worth and edged to look neat. I am living with the gray, but when it goes white it might have to go. It serves to confirm to my wife that I am not a fast food manager any longer.
    I got a trimmer with a vacume built in, or a small mirror in the garage and clean up the trimming when you vacume up the sawdust from projects, leaves the sink area clean.

11. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Nice work chaps.... I am more of a moustache girl myself ;)

[​IMG]

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice Nuphoria! Btw, I can't understand WHY you don't EDC theat hat more often! :rofl:

Fukurai likes this.
  13. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Because women kept throwing themselves at me, and there's only so much time in the day :cool:

14. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I've worn one on occasion. never been able to keep one for very long. allways either been a reason to shave it off, or I've decided to go for a different style, botched the job, and had to start over.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MagnaWolf

MagnaWolf Loaded Pockets

I really like the shirt! :)

Phyxiator likes this.
  16. Roger

Roger Loaded Pockets

Seriously considering an EDC beard forr next winter...
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

Kilted1 likes this.
  17. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

Heh, should get you in less trouble than a ski mask i guess ;)

18. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

cool thread :) I am my beard, my beard is me

I grew my first beard when I was 18
    Shaved it off for the ladies (as I didn't know better then :) )
    Have had one since I was 20 I suppose, mainly a goatie
    Made an attempt to get back to the regular full round beard a few weeks ago, I liked it but SWMBO didn't :(

BTW Noth (also a Beardo) sent me a beard link a few months ago, it's only appropriate to share it here

19. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

SWMBO! :rofl:

Sent from someone's plumbing using Tapatalk

20. Phyxiator

Phyxiator Loaded Pockets

Morgoth kick some serious you-know-what!