1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New crowdsourced product developments as we go along......

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Myddraal, allow me to address the beaver tail issue. We tried using only detachable hardware for the beaver tail and it did not work out well. The only solution was to have the 'lower sides' of the BT zippered to the main pack. It looks decent when attached but when you remove it the exposed zippers look completely out of place.

I then had to weigh as to what we will be holding in the BT and things like helmets, outerwear, etc comes to mind. Granted I don't want wet gear inside my pack but the increased volume in the main compartment allowed me to pack my shell easily on the last trip. Like you I like my BTs so if I can get this to be a detachable option that is functional then I would go with one but unfortunately I could not find a good solution.

So rather than further delay putting the Evade out I had to make the decision to go with what we have accomplished. My apologies to you or anyone who wanted the BT incorporated.

2. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Brother, I thank you but allow me to be clearer about this. I served in uniform for a foreign country at a time when jungle warfare was fashionable. By the time I migrated stateside I was too old and crappy to be of any good to anyone. That said, I am proud to be one of the many folks who support the current on-going efforts of this great country.

The thanks you offer should be reserved for the many, many veterans (both military, LE and USG in my humble opinion) / heros and their families we come across in our daily lives, such as yourself. So thank you for your service brother.

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Helm, whatever country you served in uniform for, if it was in the cause of freedom (and I assume so), your services deserve honoring! (And, yes, I totally agree about thanks to all of our veterans in the military and in public safety!) And, thank you for the kind words: my combat infantry days were in the mid-1960's, so ancient history now!

4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

I hear you brother. Thanks Cobra.

Last edited by HELM, Mar 17, 2015
  5. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Thanks for taking the time to explain, HELM. While I'm disappointed the BT won't be included, I can certainly get behind any decision that will lead to us getting this pack in our hands more quickly! ;-)

thePlumbah and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. rcw357

rcw357 Loaded Pockets

Helm,

Thank you for the update. I 95% will most likely buy this item. Will you have any softer colors (you had a teal like color I think)?

On the beaver tail, I fully understand that you have been in development on this bag for months and that is a real cost and it is time to reap some revenue on this product. However, I still think for some items, like a jacket, it would be nice to have some external attachment. If it came out later, I would 100% buy it if I bought the pack in the first place.

Would you ever do a non laptop version, i.e. on bigger main compartment? I know that would be in the minority for that, but a bigger main compartment would allow me to double it as a gym bag. That was my biggest gripe on the previous one (I own one).

Thanks again.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  7. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Any photos or videos of the finished product? :)

8. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

These straps look like they might give more adjustment than the EDC pack for a big guy like me. If this thing will fit me well enough to work, I'm sold at the mention of Kryptek Typhon. Time to start saving my pennies.

thePlumbah and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  9. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I know the bag has already been finalized but just a couple recommendations just in case or maybe it might make it into the next version.

1) In the admin pocket have one of the pen pockets be bigger like in the penumbra to hold a flash light or other bigger circular item other than a pen. I know the top pocket was made for a flashlight and multitool but As you have found it's also looks like a great spot to put other grab and go items such as glasses.

2) this partly has to do with recommendation 1. It may actually already be, but if that top pocket was fleece lined so that we could store things like glasses or phones in that pocket.

3) I know the reasons for getting rid of the BT but would it be possible to add a couple small webbing loops so that we could maybe run some shock cord or paracord to lash something like a jacket to the bag but remove it when not necessary.

4) add the little loop on the bottom of the front of the bag like on SERT EDC bag for mounting a light.

Great job on the bag btw and can't wait to hand over my money to you.

rcw357, Tixx and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  10. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I agree...its time:D Those J+Kryptek colors are sweet. I'm stuck between typhoon and mandrake.

11. mich3210

mich3210 Loaded Pockets

Can't wait to see the final product.... sounds awesome. I'm new to EDC, but might have to get one to show support and add to the collection.

12. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Quick reply cos I'm enroute to the factory.............

Rcw7 - we r looking at a number of none tactical colors. It's a question of what's available. Allow us to release this version first and gauge sales before deciding on other versions.

Rainy - the last video posted is the current revision

Lou_G - I'm a fan of the Typhon and I'm surprised Becos Camo ain't my deal for the most part of it.

Mich3210 - would appreciate all the support we can get.

ThePlumbah - u can't go wrong with either brother

Catch u guys again from the far side..........boarding right now.

H

thePlumbah, Lou_G, T.H.Cone and 3 others like this.
  13. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Chris C - sorry bro forgot to address u. No 3 looks like a possibility, let me check. Hear u on the other 2.

Chris C, Tixx, T.H.Cone and 1 other person like this.
  14. Lynx
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lynx Loaded Pockets

Did Jon ship the first pack international? I don't want to miss these!:D

15. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

That would be cool!

16. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

Quick question on the rear concealed carry section. I'll generally use it for boarding passes and travel docs, is is the area zipper accessible from both sides of the bag or is the zipper only located on the right shoulder side?

Thanks,
    Ike

17. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Thanks. If the webbing loops are able to be added to the front of the pack if it would not be too much trouble to add two webbing loops maybe 1" to 1 1/2" on the bottom of the back of the pack. Just to give us an option to add a hip belt. I know it's probably not necessary on a pack this size but it would act more as an additional stabilizer.

Also I forgot to ask is the CCW still lined with loops on both sides? And by any chances do you have the internal dimensions of the main compartment? Trying to visualize my load out already haha. Can't wait for this to come out, really tempted to try out the SERT EDC pack that currently out in the mean time.

18. rcw357

rcw357 Loaded Pockets

Helm,

Thank you for the update. Like I said earlier, some attachment system later would be great, but I think Chris C's idea of some tabs with shock cord would be a great compromise.

Myrddraal, Chris C and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  19. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Alright checking in from the other side of the globe..........Let's address the new Qs.

Lynx - not yet sir, we haven't gotten to production yet. That's why I'm at the studio right now, to get production of the 1st Gen underway. No issues on international shipments whatsoever. Half my biz is international and Jon & I have already spoken about it.

Chris C - I will definitely look into getting those webbing loops included. Just keep in mind that the moment you add cords to the front of the pack you will limit quick access to the front organizer pocket. I will try to keep the loops as low profile as possible so for those who don't want to add the cords, these loops will not be immediately noticeable. I will also figure out a detachable waist belt as an option; wouldn't recommend 1", 1.5" at a minimum. And yes the concealed pocket will have loops. FYI main compartment is approximately 18.5" x 12" x 4.25"

Ike582 - the concealed pocket will be accessible from BOTH sides with double zippers.

H

Lou_G, Lynx, T.H.Cone and 2 others like this.
  20. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

FYI, I placed an order this week for the Kryptek and since I was planning to do the Evade in 500D, we could only get Mandrake, Highlander and Typhon. Nomad is not available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.