1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New crowdsourced product developments as we go along......

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i feel like the last guy to find out about this. i missed getting the first one, i really want to score the second one XD

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

LOL Lynx, I had a funny feeling someone would say that.

Update - next prototype is done and is inbound. I will probably get it this Tuesday and will review it and get some new photos out. I'm also waiting for a batch of new 'micro' styrofoam balls to come in so that I can get the final volume estimated.

So hang tight guys and I will revert as soon as I can.

3. ghostyjack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

ghostyjack Loaded Pockets

Any ideas on what kind of price range are we talking about? It doesn't have to be too accurate, just enough to give us an idea on what to expect.

4. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

May of missed it but hoping the CCW compartment and some molle is still in the main compartment. Looking really great so far.

Also it didn't look like it but is their any type of internal frame or stiffenfer on back?

5. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Alright gang, a quick update video before I head out. I'm still reviewing this new sample that just came in and I'm gonna take it with me to next week's SOF symposium down south to how see if this latest revision gets the job done.

andyang, Mumbojumboo, Lynx and 10 others like this.
  6. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

To some of the Qs I missed.......

Price - still working on it mate; I don't expect this to be less than $125.
    Stiffener - yes the back padded wall has an HDPE stiffener in it.

Sorry we took the PALS Webbing (MOLLE) out from inside the main compartment after that last poll.

Please feel free with the Qs. Thanks guys.

Helm

Lynx, Cobra 6 Actual, Moco and 3 others like this.
  7. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Wow... It looks awesome! I'm really excited that you've kept the back compartment. I can't wait for it to be available!

8. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

bull_paqqy EDC Junkie!!!!!

A good "day pack" with Lashing points on the bottom for bed roll, and bottle holders on the sides that will take a full size nalgene with ss cup. This set up is surprisingly hard to find in a true day pack, easy in a 3 day pack but not so much in the former. I really like the verispack line, but hate that they are not ambidextrous.

9. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Did you guys scrap the beavertail?

10. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

11. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

That bag is about as close to perfection as any bag can be. I, for one, can't wait.

12. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

He did say hip pack didn't he. I could bedazzle the heck out of that, and can you imagine how many trits that thing could fit. :)

Cobra 6 Actual, thePlumbah and Tixx like this.
  13. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Really looks nice! Looking forward to price and volume numbers. Can a full Nalgene fit and cinched down so it will not come out? And can the CC pocket be used for a hydration bladder with ports for the tube?

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Charlie! Chaaaarrrllliiieeee!

15. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

HELM, just watched the latest video: the pack is coming along nicely. Two comments:

1. I don't know if you discussed the Pack's colors at the SOF Show with cops and military guys or not. But, I can tell you as a retired cop and former combat rifleman that the two tone color you have won't work for a lot of us. Would you please also consider the huge military, law enforcement, and hunting markets. In addition to the two tone exterior color scheme you have, I would suggest a darker SINGLE outside color, such as Coyote Brown or plain Black. For contrast inside have a lighter color, such as desert tan or gray. One or two variations of such solid exterior color combos should be sufficient. So, perhaps Coyote Brown (outside) and desert tan (inside) as one option and the second option could be black (outside) and a darker grey (inside). As an aside, the diamond threading doesn't seem to be an issue ... Kinda cool, actually.

2. For the bottom of the pack: two thoughts. First, have an additional layer of material, such as 1000d Cordura, as a foot or boot to provide more durability and water resistance to the bottom of the pack. It would go from the bottom up the sides for two or three inches. Second, ensure that there is extra interior padding at the BOTTOM for the area where a computer or iPad would rest. (Can't tell from the video if you have that extra padding at the bottom or only on the sides. If on the bottom that would protect the computer more if accidentally set down too hard.)

Thanks for your consideration of these suggestions!

Last edited by Cobra 6 Actual, Mar 14, 2015
  16. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Looks like the pack is coming along nicely. Not sure if I missed the discussion on it but it appears the back doesn't have any type of mesh for ventilation?

Sad to see the molle go in the main compartment but I guess it will help reduce wait and cost. Nice that it does have the hangers on the top of the bag though. I can still hang a smaller pouch or organizer to help it from falling to the bottom of the pack.

I second Cobra 6 Actual recommendations as well. Would be nice to have a better wear resistant material on the bottom and the padding would be nice as well. Definitely would also prefer an all black exterior and a lighter colored interior would be good.

What is the weight coming in currently on this pack by the way?

I think someone else also mentioned it but did the beaver tail option go away? Thought it was a really thought out design as it looked like you can remove it when not wanted/needed.

thePlumbah and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  17. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

That's purty

18. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

I agree with what Cobra 6 Actual says about the bottom. I was even thinking Hypalon, although I don't know how much that might raise the price.

How about that accessory pocket at the front top area? Is the interior soft material that would be suitable as a sunglasses pocket?

19. Anyday Carry

Anyday Carry Loaded Pockets

Really like this pack, very elegant piece of design!
    Will I be able to run a hydration bladder system in it in any way?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

https://www.youtube.com/user/edcisaac

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
    drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
    there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
    and drinking largely sobers us again.

20. ghostyjack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

ghostyjack Loaded Pockets

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the new design.

I'm mostly agreeing with Cobra 6 Actual 's comments. Having bottom padding and some kind of additional water proofing on the bottom would be good, not sure if you need a higher denier fabric to make it tougher though as there are plenty of low-weight tough fabrics out there to choose from.

As to the colour scheme, I like the two-tone one you are using, but I'm a civilian living in a mostly urban environment so it works fine for that. I'd suggest not dropping the existing colours, but have a range or options for both urban users (like myself), military, emergency services and hunters (but I don't expect these will be much different from military options).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.