1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New CountyComm Embassy Pens in Titanium and three new colors

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by chavez, Dec 26, 2010.

1. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

Have you posted pictures of your Copper pen? I really want one but it is so expensive. I might splurge on it one day... I have the Copper Maratac AAA and its an awesome light. I just love copper. To tide me over I have the SunshineProductsUSA copper pen.

2. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

3. iamsalomon

iamsalomon Loaded Pockets

Hi TheTomas,

Thanks for the info, it definitely has a bit of a different color than other stainless steel items. Here is a pic with my current edc setup:

[​IMG]

4. TheTomas

TheTomas Loaded Pockets

Nice stuff. What knife is that? It looks like a Sebenza, but not quite.

5. iamsalomon

iamsalomon Loaded Pockets

It's a Sanrenmu 710. Good knife until I can afford a Sebbie.

6. Tarponfly49

Tarponfly49 Loaded Pockets

Haven't followed the thread, but after 3 or so months of carrying the stainless Embassy pen Rev.2 I love it...although I do have to admit if I were to buy another I would pony up for the Ti, the stainless is EXTREMELY substantial in the weight department. Nice, and got forbid if I ever had to use it in a "tactical" way it would do serious damage...but right now it's doing serious damage to my knee in the cargo pocket of most of my shorts, lol

7. kadinh

kadinh Empty Pockets

I like my SS pen, but I find that it come unscrewed in my pocket fairly easily. I have the Rev2.

8. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Hey guys! New poster here. I've been lurking on this particular thread while waiting for my Embassy pen to show up and it finally got here today.

Here's how it arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And next to the Maratac AAA Cu:

[​IMG]

9. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

And for anyone interested in what it feels like to hold the copper model, I did a little weighing.

Embassy Pen Cu: 120 grams
    Incandescent AA Mini Maglite with NiMH: 119 grams
    Embassy Pen Cu, cap only: 34 grams
    Maratac AAA Cu (no battery): 25 grams

So if you want an idea of what it feels like to hold the copper pen, go grab your old incan Mini Maglite (which I know you haveā€¦ :nana:) and picture the same amount of weight, but more concentrated.

10. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I have a few of those, Best copy knife on the planet .
    No comparison to it's influence but I'm not a C.R. fan regardless ..
    For those prices, my $$ would goto more innovate and affordable Makers .
    To many people getting taken for a ride buying "The Knife" when there's so much more to choose from - JMO (^;

[​IMG] BE WELL .. GH

11. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Loaded Pockets

Great CLOSE UP pics of the copper pen. My country comm black aluminum and titanium pens arrived yesterday. I really like them. They are well made. My only gripe is the one full revolution that removes the cap. I feel more secure with a pen having at least 3-4 turns to remove the cap. I just feel more secure in the fact it will not come off and lose it. Maybe its just a personal thing with me, who knows ?

12. OneBigAnt

OneBigAnt Loaded Pockets

I have not had any trouble, but I have only had one for a short time. Keep us informed of your experience.

13. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Thanks!

The o-ring on mine keeps it pretty darn snug. It's been riding in my pocket since it arrived and I haven't had an incident with it unscrewing itself yet.

14. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

There's a tarnish progression thread on the Maratac AAA Cu over on CPF, so I figured since they're kind of related I'd post how the copper pen is holding up to about a week of constant use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Must be their new design and O-ring. I have an older one and it takes almost 1-1/2 turns of the cap before you can pull it off. Occasionally the cap unscrews in my pocket, but not often.

Other than that it's my favorite to carry because it looks so innocuous.

Love that copper one but it's just too pricey for me.

16. Ady

Ady Loaded Pockets

My titanium embassy pen turned up today, 750/1000 :D

17. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

Great pictures of the copper pen, thanks! I've just succumbed and ordered one, I've been wanting one for ages now.

I've got the titanium version (#417/1000), which is great, my only gripe with it is the 2 screws holding the clip on have different sized holes in them, so one fits a T5 bit nicely and the other one is a bit too big for the T5. I've tried every bit I can find, but I don't want to round the hole so I've given up for now. I've emailed County Comm to see if they can help me out with some new screws, then I can get the dodgy one out (but will ruin it in the process) and replace it. Anyone else have this problem? I want to take the clip off so I can refinish the pen properly, not working around the clip.
    Cheers, Matt.

18. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

Well Mike from County Comm has kindly said he can send some new screws out, but only within the US, and I live in Australia.
    Anyone willing to act as an intermediate will earn my undying appreciation! It would involve sending a prepaid envelope to Mike to get the screws, then sending them on to me here in Australia. Of course I will pay any and all costs associated with this, probably easiest via PayPal? If anyone is willing please let me know.
    Cheers, Matt

19. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

I got a black fine point Fisher refill today. It's pretty sweet. Definitely better than the medium, although I still really like the bold ones.

If I had to compare them all, the fine is smooth writing but doesn't lay the in on as thick as the others (I'm not talking width of the line, but rather the amount of ink it leaves on top of the paper). The three medium refills I have are all a bit scratchy and skippy. The bold can be skippy, especially when first starting to write, but writes smoother than the other two.

20. PDXRMJack

PDXRMJack Empty Pockets

My Ti arrived

on 11/2/11 - oddly enough I've got 0271 / 1000 - so they aren't being sold in sequence it appears.

Great pen, took some tri-flow to clean it, used a q-tip on the threads, and replaced with a fine point fisher refill.

Only thing is I need an additional O ring- there is a bit of looseness in pressing the pen to paper - an additional o-ring behind the pen would make it snug...