1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New CountyComm Embassy Pens in Titanium and three new colors

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by chavez, Dec 26, 2010.

1. herbicide

herbicide Loaded Pockets

Mine just arrived, courtesy of Miles at Endtimes Report.

Now that it's warmed up from somewhere about mid single-digit℃, and I've actually held it in my hand (rather than obsessing over the tracking info), I can (finally) say I like it. A lot.

Some thoughts -

It's the heaviest pen I have (It's heavier than some of my torches...), and it feels absolutely bomb-proof. The knurling is probably the best I've come across, and is certainly ideal for the job, being grippy but not harsh.
    The fit and finish is excellent, though there are a couple of nits to pick - the o-ring at the 'shoulder' of the refill really needs moving to the tail (I think that was mentioned up-thread) [edit] Or not. - They put it where they did for a reason, and in light of this, it does make sense for them to put it where they did, (said reason also has some bearing on why the cap doesn't post, BTW...)[/edit] and the screws for the pocket clip need polishing.

The weight - which isn't that bad, really - improves the feel of the spacepen cartridge, as it writes smoother, more solid lines than in an ordinary bullet (I swapped the same cartridge between the two, to make sure), probably because you don't have to press down as hard.

Photos -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vermifuge

Vermifuge Empty Pockets

The colored aluminum embassy pens do not come with O rings. I emailed County Comm to ask about the O Rings because of this. The response said the fisher space pen refill was waterproof and O rings were not required...

On the premium models the inner O ring I assume would keep liquid from getting in the refill chamber. This could be important if you plan on using this pen underwater? In any case I had no such use for the inner O Ring and that's why I suggested relocating it behind the fisher refill. Replacing this O ring exposes more of the pen tip and improves writing IMO.

The outer O ring would keep liquid from getting inside the cap. I really like how it makes the pen feel when you screw the cap on. It makes it feel very secure. I assume this is why the cap come loose for some users of the aluminum version. I ordered more O rings for this reason.

P.S. Is that the titanium version? What number did you get?

3. herbicide

herbicide Loaded Pockets

It isn't, unfortunately, it's just the stainless version.

4. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

Glad to see the titanium version made it to Miles's shop. I just ordered one.

5. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

Got it today. It's heavier than I expected. I like the heft of this one, but the stainless would sit like a barbell in my hand.

It came with the O-ring sitting inside the body of the pen, on the tail end of the refill. IMHO that one is best left there to cushion the tip when pressing down hard against the paper. I found another O-ring at home, a bit smaller, so I put this one on the shoulder of the refill near the tip. Now it feels just perfect.

I'll be using this pen to take notes in class. I put a fine point refill on it since I have quite a few of them, saving the medium point for heavier jobs.

Love the lack of pointy ends when closed. This will be permanent carry on campus from now.

6. plucks

plucks Loaded Pockets

I picked one up a few months ago and they have been good to me so far. One gripe I have is when I have it in my pant pocket, it unscrews itself and drops into my pants. There hasnt been any bleeding of ink yet so im grateful.

7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I've noticed that's actually quite common. (I own an aluminum version.)

Ironically, best way to prevent that is to use the pen as an EDC pen for writing. Every single time the cap gets screwed back on means less likely for the pen to unscrew itself. Although to be honest, I've found that applies to all tactical pens with a screw-on cap.

8. Vermifuge

Vermifuge Empty Pockets

The aluminum versions don't come with the O ring around the cap. Just add an o ring like the Stainless or Titanium versions and the cap will stay put.

9. rambo4hire

rambo4hire Empty Pockets

I have one of these coming today! I cannot wait to see what all the fuss is about!

10. Vermifuge

Vermifuge Empty Pockets

County Comm almost out of Titanium Embassy pens?

CountyComm almost out of Titanium Embassy pens?

Hey guys. I have ordered a few of the titanium embassy pens on separate occasions. I know county com always says the numbers are issued at random but they have all arrived sequentially.

that said the last batch of pens were marked 959 and 960, Possibly meaning there are only 40 left?

Act Fast!

11. kk6pr

kk6pr Empty Pockets

Received today:

Copper: 151/500
    Titaniam: 993/1000

12. dirkw2

dirkw2 Loaded Pockets

I sure got in trouble with the wife! Left the Embassy pen in my pants pocket. It went through the wash. Unscrewed. Put blue space pen ink all over her stuff. Needless to say, she did some shopping after that one. I do find that it unscrews even when clipped in my EDC. I have the aluminum black. Put my own o-ring on it but it just ate it up over a couple of weeks.

13. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

After using it for a while, I've discovered the O-ring on mine is a bit too big - even when the thread is completely unscrewed, removing the cap takes a bit too much force for my taste. It's the same when putting the cap back on, have to push it hard before twisting or the threads won't engage. A bit of silicone lube on the O-ring works for a while but soon wears off, and grease would get fingers dirty when writing.

I've replaced the O-ring with a spare from a Fenix L0D flashlight, that did the trick.

My pen is Ti 326/1000, BTW. Never unscrews by itself, but that might be because Ti threads are grittier than anodized aluminum.

14. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Weird - I've washed my Fisher pens a number of times and never had one leak. Oh well, that probably killed my lucky streak.

-Trevor

15. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Does the aluminum version have a groove above the threads for an o-ring? I wonder if that is the reason. I have been using my Ti Embassy pen almost daily for two months now and the o-ring is still holding up fine.

BTW, has anyone noticed the flame anodized Ti pen on the front page of the countycomm site?

16. Vermifuge

Vermifuge Empty Pockets

Yeah I was able to order some extra O-Rings and add them to my aluminum Embassy pens. Also the heat treated version is very sexy

17. teakwood

teakwood Loaded Pockets

Just got my Ti 2 days ago #582

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

So has anyone heat colored their Ti Embassy pen yet? Lets see some pictures!

19. rukrem

rukrem Loaded Pockets

Titanium Embassy PICS and comparison shots ...
    This is really a great pen; definitely my new favorite.

Number 0452/1000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Compare to UZI Tac PEn
    [​IMG]

Knurled Embassy pen provides a superior gripping end compared to the UZI ... this would be especially beneficial when wearing gloves or in wet conditions.
    [​IMG]

Even though the UZI has the aggressive ends, the Embassy pen has a substantial weight advantage that I feel would make it a superior kubaton.
    [​IMG]

Embassy pen is much easier to write with; as the UZI is bordering on being too large to write with for long periods. However, I have enjoyed using the UZI for sketching.
    [​IMG]

Compared to my Rotring Executive and Black Quattro Data Pen (both brass bodied)
    [​IMG]

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

The basic black and SS versions apparently now no longer need o-rings since the basic design has been modified a bit.