1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Casio Pro Trek info

Discussion in 'Watches' started by MicroMike, Jan 1, 2016.

1. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

I have a older PAG-80L. I've been looking at Casios website and the new ProTreks look slightly slimmer and maybe the faces slightly larger?

I love the watch and features but it is a bit compact and chunky. Side note, is there an alternative?

MCPOWoller likes this.
  2. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I have a PAG-50 that I got in early 2006. It made tow deployments to Iraq without an issue. Then in 2013 while on vacation, one of the function buttons quit working. My oldest son got me a solar G-Shock to hold me over until I figured out which ProTrek I wanted next. I'm REALLY LIKING the PRW-3000. It's thinner and much lighter. Plus it just looks dang cool.

twin63 and Coletrain182 like this.
  3. locknload223

locknload223 Loaded Pockets

Actually the new ProTreks are smaller. Smaller sensor lends to a smaller less clunky face. I bought the PRW-3000T (Titanium) and loved it so much I bought the resin band version for backpacking and other outdoor activities. The Ti model gets daily duty. I ordered the resin model through Kohls with a 30% off and a couple other stacked coupons for an insanely low price. You can't go wrong with the PRW-3000 series, just beware of the negative display model, it's very hard to see and there are lots of complaints regarding it. The normal display is awesome.

4. Phil Chang

Phil Chang Empty Pockets

I have the PRW 3000 in negative display. Probably wish I had the regular display, but no big deal. I don't have too much trouble reading the watch. The sensor is much more sensitive. My old 1500 rarely synced with the atomic clock. The PRW 3000 syncs every couple of days like clock work!

5. Cerberus.

Cerberus. Loaded Pockets

I've got a PRG-550 that is pretty decent. Would of prefered a digital but this one is my go to outdoors watch.

Stay Bladed.

6. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of the prw3000 too(also have the negative face). I used to have an older version, back when it was called the Pathfinder. The new ones have really shrunk down the sensor size so it's nearly indistinguishable. Mine syncs every day on its own. I have admittedly small wrists and I have no agita with the size of this one. I bought it to take on a deployment (solar+atomic drew me in). I usually daily wear a Pebble Time for the notifications, but the urge to switch over to the prw3000 and never have to take it off is extremely strong - it's like an existential crisis inside of me.