1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Benchmade and Surefire Pen. Who has one?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by RyanMalpiede, Jun 28, 2008.

1. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who has the new Benchmade or Surefire pens? Thoughts? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. brofro

brofro Loaded Pockets

I have both the Benchmade and Surefire pens. The Surefire is larger and heavier than the Benchmade. I like the clip on the Surefire more since it is much easier to clip to a pocket. the clip on the Benchmade is much stiffer and along with the knurling on the pen it can be tough clipping and unclipping it to some materials. I really like the twisty design of the Surefire; there is no cap to remove or lose. Finally, my favorite feature of the Surefire is the ability to use a large variety of ink cartridges. I've tested mine with a Fisher Space refill, a Pilot G2 refill and a Uniball Signio refill. With a simple adjustment all of these refills work perfectly.

3. ninjaboigt

ninjaboigt Loaded Pockets

wow sounds gerat, the benchmade is too much of a offensive looking pen to me.

surefire one looks more like a pen LOL, i dont see how the tip can break a glass....some explaination please?

4. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Ryan, I just got my Benchmade Pen from Lighthound today and I was surprised by the size of it. I don't own the Surefire Pen (yet) but I have handled it and it is a beast compared to the Benchmade. A byproduct of this forum is a little collection of pens I have started.

I do own the the Timeberline Combat Pen and my hand is used to holding a pen that size, but the cartridge in the Benchmade (Fisher) makes it a nicer writing instrument. From what I can remember the Timberline and SureFire are comparable in size.

Bouncing off of ninja's post, the Benchmade looks AND feels offensive. The tip on the Benchmade is sharper than it looks but that's the point that is hidden in a pocket. I'm assuming maybe the Window Breaker on the SureFire is tungsten and that material when struck on a window with some purpose can break it with relative ease as opposed to a hard object that may take a couple tries. That tip is on the SureFire Delta Folder, as well as, some knives like the Boker Wagner Reality Blade.

5. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

Verb, you are on a tactical pen mission huh

6. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Salt, I think I'm all done now. But curse this forum for showing me these bright new shiny things! :laugh:

7. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

LMAO, 2nd you on that one :broke:

8. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

I would prefer the Surefire pen , just about everybody who has seen the Benchmade makes it as a weapon .

Chris

9. Pshrynk

Pshrynk Empty Pockets

I have the Benchmade -- it's never been mistaken for a weapon by anyone. It looks like a "fancy schmancy" pen more than a weapon.

I've even used it when teaching college classes and no-one has even looked at it. It's all about perception -- if you're looking for a weapon it's there -- if you're not looking for it -- it's an interesting looking pen.

10. ttate90303

ttate90303 Empty Pockets

I have the Surefire and like it. Big beefy pen - fits my hands just fine. The adjustable refill feature is a big plus for me. Solid clip - stays put. Swapped out with a Fisher refill and I'm set.

11. TOAD69

TOAD69 Empty Pockets

I just got the Surefire pen, it feels great in the hand i put a Fisher cartridge in it i think it fits better than the stock cartridge. iwant a benchmade too, ihad a timberline pen also, but i think it is a piece of made in china junk :thumbsdown:

12. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets

I bought the BM pen in black at their factory shop [full retail] back in April, and I love it. Even at internet knifeshop prices I think it's a tad overpriced but I carry it daily. I dropped it on concrete after a job interview that went well [excited I guess] and the "combat" tip chipped up pretty badly, nothing that affects the functionality as a pen or a weapon, but it certainly looks pretty ugly now. Fisher space refills are about as reliable as expected and the ink seems to last well. My buddy who also got one when I did just flew to LA and had zero trouble getting it on the plane both ways from Seattle.

13. GMArthur

GMArthur Loaded Pockets

Video of my BM Pen. No gnomes were harmed during the filming of this video.

[​IMG]

14. Rob65

Rob65 Empty Pockets

Figured I would make my first post here. I bought the benchmade pen a while back and have to admit feeling a little silly paying that much for a pen. Then one day I had a flat tire while driving home and realized that my jack handle was missing! I searched the car for anything I could use in it's place and came up empty......until I thought of my pen. Hmmm.

Long story short, I ended up using my pen to turn the screw tab on the jack and got the tire changed. It scarred it up some, but it didn't bend. Here's a link to some pics:

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/bigvade/?firstLogin=true

Robert :)

15. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Great improv, Rob.

16. jethro42

jethro42 Loaded Pockets

Welcome, Rob!

17. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hah!

Welcome Rob and thank you for giving me a perfect justification for spending $100 on a pen. ;D

-Trevor

18. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oh, just to fuel the fire:

After the shrieks of the SF addicts could be heard over the roar of Dante's Inferno, some kind soul took some snap shots of the new SF catalog. In that catalog, it looks like SF is releasing a new pen. It seems to be much shorter than the original.

-Trevor

19. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Looks like SureFire has new edged weapons as well!

20. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Which I noted in the "Knives" board.

I'm trying to avoid hijacking threads anymore than absolutely necessary. ;D

-Trevor