1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by The7thNazgul, Jun 6, 2010.

?

Backpacks?

1. Maxpedition CONDOR II

35.1%
  2. 5.11 RUSH 72

63.2%
  3. Boyt Tactical LARGE BACKPACK

1.8%
  1. The7thNazgul

The7thNazgul Loaded Pockets

Hello all,

For a while now I have been looking for a new backpack. After way too much research, I believe I have narrowed it down to three bags.

Maxpedition CONDOR II http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CONDOR-II-BACKPACK-12p106.htm

5.11 RUSH 72 http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/All-Products/Accessories/Bags-Backpacks/RUSH-72-Backpack/D/30100/P/1:100:50000:50800:50805/I/58602#pr-header-58602

Boyt Tactical LARGE BACKPACK http://www.boytharness.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=110_122_115&products_id=488&osCsid=e01a568e6c927460f69219302ed1d11f

Please post your thoughts on which would be best.

Thanks,

The7thNazgul

2. Viper715

Viper715 Loaded Pockets

Hello, I have owned the Maxpedtion the 72 but not the Boyt. The Boyt does look similar to the Maxpedition offerings though. My two cents is go for the Rush 72. It has better internal orginization, more external pals. Also the way that the outside compartment hindges away from the main pack adds untold additional storage. I have been able to fit a 4 man tent, a sleeping bag, tarp and mat all between thouse two pieces of the pack. The others just dont have that ability.

3. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

three very nice backpacks..seems the condor is the smallest of the three..i have and use my condor alot.. one thing i like about the condor over the other two is the condor has two outter pockets. if i had to choose i would go with the size thats best to suit your needs..

even the condor is smaller it does carry alot. and of course you can always do add-ons too.. its great for backpacking and edc

4. NaOH

NaOH Loaded Pockets

What size pack do you want? For example the Rush 72 is a 55 litre pack while the Condor is a 32 litre (same size as a Rush 24).

5. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

i would go with the 5.11. i have a 5.11 push pack myself and the material and build are very high quality. the rush 72 is the biggest pack from the 3 choices! this means more gear!

6. The7thNazgul

I know that they are different sizes. Sorry, should have provided more explanation in the first post. The pack will mostly be used for day hikes. I currently have a gregory 2.30, and while a fine pack, it is a little to small for all of the stuff I like to carry. The sizes are to see what you guys and gals think is best.

7. Leemann

Leemann Loaded Pockets

what's the size of the gregory pack?.

Lee

8. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

If there is a Maxped Condor backpack, I'd add Rush24 to the voting list. And choose this one over Condor: I do like maxpedition goods, but condor is nothing special, really. Both maxped own falconII and Rush24 are far more interesting packs in my opinion.

9. Gödel_Fan

Gödel_Fan Loaded Pockets

Depends on what you want to carry. I have a Condor II that I like specifically because it is small, which suits many of the things I may carry in it.

10. NaOH

NaOH Loaded Pockets

I got the Rush 72 at first for hikes. It's way to big. About 6 weeks back I got a Rush 24 to replace it for day hikes and I like the smaller size much better. Still a bit large for a day pack but I'd like the option of putting a sleeping bag in there for overnight hikes.

It will easily work as a 3 day pack as well.

11. The7thNazgul

Can you attach a waist belt to the Rush 24? Because I don't think it comes with one.

12. The7thNazgul

1800 CI supposedly. And it's the z.30, my mistake

13. The7thNazgul

Anyone else have comments?

14. The7thNazgul

BUMP! Still waiting for more comments...

15. NaOH

NaOH Loaded Pockets

Nope, but at it's size I don't miss one either.

16. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

I have 2 Rush 72s and 1 Rush 24 so I think you would know how I would vote :)

The 24 is my EDC Pack now that I lug to work or anywhere that I want to have a full collection of gear available, otherwise I recently purchased a Larkspur and a Mongo that will be swapped in and out as needed.

One 72 is my BOB bag (well, bag to be actually) and will sit and be ready at a moments notice. The other 72 is my hiking/camping bag but only if I am trekking in a few miles, if I want to hike any distance I would most likely look into a different pack.

Perhaps the biggest reason i like them is there are tons of compartments and pockets built into the pack for organizing all my stuff. The other thing I like is lots of Molle attachment points for other pouches and add ons to be attached.

17. The7thNazgul

How does the RUSH 72 carry over longer day hikes? say 15 miles or so.

18. scottz0369

scottz0369 Empty Pockets

I really like the Maxpedition stuff-well made and useful.

19. NaOH

NaOH Loaded Pockets

I haven't used my 72 for a long hike. I have used my 24 on a 22 km hike and there were no issues. Very comfortable. With the waist strap on the 72 I think it would feel even better than the 24.

20. Tomcat_AL200

Tomcat_AL200 Loaded Pockets

Not out of the box, but you CAN add one if your really want to. the RUSH 12 has place to mount one, still built like a tank and enough MOLLE webbing to add what ever you want.

The RUSH 72 is built like a tank and carries better than anything the military has given me.