1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New Backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by downtown, Aug 30, 2014.

1. downtown

downtown Loaded Pockets

I'm in the market for a new backpack. I currently have an old Jansport that will be passed on to my son. I don't know much of what is out there so I thought I would ask for some direction. I want something that is reliable and tough. I really like the material of the Maxpedition stuff but I'm not able to spend too much cash. I was looking at the Max. Pygmy Falcon 2 but it seems that it might not have a large compartment and overall a little too small. Ergonomic straps and a sternum strap is a must as this will be for small hikes and bike rides. Molle straps is a plus too. All input welcome. Thanks!

2. brokedave

brokedave Uber Prepared

I have only owned 2 packs i can remember. A swiss army pack. Its suprisingly tough for the money. I have haf it for at least 10yrs. Its not tactical looking at all. So no molle straps but it fits your other criteria. A plus is there are many different styles, price points, and a lot of retailers carry them. I got mine at staples. My new daily bag is a 5.11 Rush 24. You can get it for just over 100 dollars if you look around. I love it. It's tough, Cool looking, and has molle. The only draw back is if your going hiking you may want a waist belt which it doesn't come with. But you can add it on later. Also its a bigger bag. Some say to big to edc. But its fine for me. Check out some youtube videos. While i dont really care To much for for review videos i think you can get better idea or things like size, and funtion then you can from pictures

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Check these out. Can't beat the price or quality. EDC Backpack offer for Forum members

I thought it may be similar to the Jansport you were used to.

Good luck and let us know what you get:)

4. Katjang1

Katjang1 Loaded Pockets

5. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

That looks awesome! Have never seen anything quite like it before.

6. alecgold

alecgold Loaded Pockets

My personal preference is to not buy maxp. I think just a bit of forbearance might go a long way.
    Karimor is a good old brand.
    If you want more molle, look at Eagle patrol pack. Just don't do as I do and buy a knock off on fleabay. Bought two for $190 in total and they didn;t last me a month. grab handle fraying, shoulder band coming loose, Velcro strarting to degrade. Both packs within weeks.
    Kelty has satisfied users.
    T.H.E. pack is strong and USA made, sales models are around $100 and has plenty molle.

7. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Can you give us some more info so we can provide more streamlined feedback? I.E. budget, size, and color? Unfortunately Jansport bags come in at least three popular sizes.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin