1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New 5.11 MOAB 10

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ike582, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I believe it's comparable to other vendor's Khaki or Tan with FDE/coyote accents. It sounds like they are phasing out the Flat Dark Earth as an option in their new bags (which is similar to USMC Coyote).

2. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I agree. I think I want a Moab as an EDC bag but seriously doubt I'd dock it with my RUSH. My RUSH 24 is my BOB and is already pretty full and thick...add the Moab and I'd never be able to stand upright let alone carry it very far. LOL

zenpunk likes this.
  3. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

When do these come out?

4. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

5. wfbont007

wfbont007 Loaded Pockets

Ordered mine.

6. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Ordered a Moab 10 in black today. Getting a 5.11 2011 collectors knife with it.

Milpic1 has a nice review of the Moab 6 up now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhMXu_C_lM

There's also a review of the 2011 knife on youtube now. But that's for another thread.

7. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

I received my MOAB 10 today. Definitely exceeded my expectations upon initial review. My regular EDC bag has lately been a Maxpedition Malaga, which I generally carry over a single shoulder (as opposed to the strap across my chest). Carried in this manner, the MOAB 10 is much more comfortable than the Malaga. The MOAB carries my iPad in the rear pocket, and my phone in the zipper pocket built into the strap. There's a great fleece lined zipper pocket up top, and the huge exterior pocket is filled with storage slots and an interior zipper pocket. Behind the exterior pocket, there's an easily accessed hidden slot (closes with Velcro) where one can stuff a water bottle, or carry a weapon if desired. Fantastic organizational options, all without the need for a bunch of added pouches. However, there's plenty of MOLLE if you want to go that route.

As for size, it's larger than the Malaga, but smaller than the RUSH 12. It's somewhat tall and narrow, exactly what I prefer for daily carry. I think these guys really have a winner.

Apologies for the lack of photos, I'll try to take some shots and post them over the weekend. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to fire away.

Ike

8. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

What color did you get? Does the pouch that's on the strap hit your head or neck when you wear it with the strap across your chest? I'm really curious to see some pics of someone wearing one.

I had a very limited experience with a MaxPed Monsoon Gearslinger (sent it back) and it definitely would not work simply slung over one shoulder. Also, when I was wearing the Monsoon across my chest it seemed to always be cutting into my neck.

I've mentioned before that I really hate to wear seat belts in a car. So the single strap, across the body design doesn't exactly ring my bell. If you know what I'm saying?

The MOAB looks really cool and I'm already a card carrying member of the 5.11 cult -- I would at least like to give one a test drive.

Congrats, Ike! I'll look forward to seeing some pics.

9. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

SDR,

I'll check it out tonight with the strap across my body and get back to you. I found the same discomfort with my Maxped Malaga. The cure for me was to use the "second" strap that connects from the opposite corner on the bag to the midpoint of the main strap. That pulls the main strap off my neck, centers the bag and keeps it from moving around. It looks a bit overboard for daily carry, but for biking it works well.

Ike

10. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

Yes please. upload those pics... :)

I plan on waiting before ordering one. I need to get rid of my Sitka first... maybe trade it for a MOAB 10.. {wink}{wink}

Im more interested in any size comparisons you guys may have with the MOAB 10.