1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

New 5.11 MOAB 10

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ike582, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

Following up on the earlier post regarding the 5.11 MOAB 6, I was wondering whether the MOAB 10 was capable of carrying an iPad within the rear hydration pocket. I sent an email to 5.11 asking the question, and received a reply within a couple of hours. The guys at 5.11 had an iPad and a new MOAB 10 in the office, and confirmed that it fits with an extra 4" to spare vertically, and an extra half inch of room on the sides. Fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

Ike

[​IMG]

2. c.joe
    • In Omnia Paratus

c.joe Loaded Pockets

This looks amazing. I might just have to pick one up.

3. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

My local Tactical Supply is getting them in next month some time. Thanks to EDC Forums, I knew about them before anyone else locally and have dibs on the first one they get. (in black). Can't wait! This bag looks like what what I've been wanting for a long time.

4. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

I'm looking forward to vs Sitka reviews

5. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm pretty curious - it seems to scream Maxpud clone to me. A little more functional in the PALS positioning, but very similar to me.

-Trevor

6. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I saw a SHOT Show Youtube video on this one. At the risk of sounding like a 5.11 ad, an interesting modification over the Maxped equivalent is that the CCW pocket is on the top of the bag, which becomes a much more natural cross draw when rotated to the front of the body. It also looked like to me that the MOAB 10 was larger than the current Maxped ambidextrous bags (more Sitka like), which would definitely fill a need because I would never consider any of those due to their lack of size. I currently EDC a Kodiak and it works but I wish the strap was positioned like the MOAB.

Finally, the MOAB line has attachment points to piggy back in a modular fashion onto 5.11's RUSH 24 and 72 backpacks. I think they call it their "tier system". Pretty cool if you are traveling and don't want to carry an entire load out on any given day.

7. wfbont007

wfbont007 Loaded Pockets

I've got my Sitka now waiting to get the Moab for a comparison.

8. Tx-Tuff

Tx-Tuff Empty Pockets

That's very cool. I was on the verge of picking up a Sitka, I'm gonna wait to check one of these out now.

9. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

Ike582,

Did you happen to ask them for complete dimensions of the pack? I'm finding conflicting dimensions in my search.

Thanks.

10. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

TITB,

I didn't ask about full dimensions, only the rear pocket.

Ike

11. concho

concho Loaded Pockets

12. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

nice find concho. but im sure its a pre-order. if im wrong i will order one today.

13. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

Seems to be a slight variation on dimensions depending on the website/store. I emailed 5.11 a few days ago to inquire but no response thus far.

http://www.supremeco.com 19" x 11" x 5.25"(48.26cm x 27.94cm x 13.34cm)

http://www.kellac.com Main compartment: 18.25” x 9” x 5.25” Front compartment: 12.5” x 8” x 2”

14. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

Unsure why I didn't come across this video in my initial search for this pack, maybe because it isn't labeled MOAB 10? Sorry to keep hitting this thread, I'm super excited that that the little bit more size may just be perfect for my needs plus if the dimensions are accurate, it just may work for this "tier system" onto my Rush 12 for scenarios in which I may need to carry more gear. I don't expect this to happen often but it is a nice option rather than carrying two separate bags.

[video=youtube;qUFXfBzLSl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUFXfBzLSl0&feature=related[/video]

Thanks.

15. Urban Hermit

tltb26- Thanks for finding that video. Don't be sorry, you aren't the only one excited about this pack. I can't wait to get a call from the tactical supply store in town saying they have them in and to come check them out. I'm sure I'll be coming home with one.

16. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

5.11 MOAB 10 Official Dimensions

5.11 Tactical now published their dimensions for this pack on their website:

Main compartment- 18.25"H x 9"L x 5.25"D, Front compartment- 12.5"H x 8"L x 2"D

By my calculator: 862 (Main)+200(Front)= 1062 cubic inches

234 cubic inches smaller & a quarter inch longer longer than my Rush 12. I wonder if you are just supposed to tuck the MOAB 10's strap somewhere or it just stays flat on the backside while attached via this Tier System...hmmm.

Uh huh..."there can be only one."

17. Urban Hermit

18. wfbont007

wfbont007 Loaded Pockets

LAPG is advertising the 5.11 Moab 10 in coyote for $99.99. They are supposedly in stock. I am holding out for black.

19. Pointman

Pointman Loaded Pockets

I like the smaller front pouch on the Moad, but it really looks small. I think I would still opt for a Sitka still. I'm also not too crazy about that small pouch on the strap...there's an equip to endure video on youtube and it almost looks like that pouch would rub against your face...

Time will tell.Also, anyone know what this new sandstone color is?

20. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Did you see the pictures on that page? I was thinking about the tiering but both seem kind of silly - especially the MOAB 10 attached to a RUSH 24. Nice idea in theory but the combined package is way too bulky now that I'm seeing pictures of it. I'm interested in a MOAB but I don't think I would tier it.