1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions for pocket fountain pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by GQP, May 16, 2018.

1. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

For years I have used felt pens, Sharpie pens for the past 10 or so. However, they are horrible for pocket carry. I have tried many ballpoint pens, but I could never find one I liked...no matter how nice or expensive.

Two weeks ago I bought a Zebra v-301 fountain pen. Its the first fountain pen I have ever tried and why it not be "life-changing", it was a huge eye opener. It has made writing actually enjoyable for me. The problem is it is also horrible for pocket carry. Today the top came off and I got ink all in my pocket.

Anyone know of a pocket fountain pen that is similar to the Zebra? I need it to match the following needs.

1. Short enough to fit in pocket (around 4 inches or less)
    2. Metal
    3. Secure top when closed and posted
    4. A pocket clip

Thanks in advance.

2. Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes Loaded Pockets

3. mbick

mbick Loaded Pockets

Jim Hughes beat me to it: Kaweco. The top screws onto the barrel. You can get a clip for the pen(s) if you wish. They are small but mighty and IMO good for pocket carry.

4. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

Thanks. Im liking the look of the Liliput. No matching clip, but it seems that fisher space pen clips will work.

5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Yes, the Kaweco Sport is a great pocket carry pen, whether you choose fountain pen, rollerball or gel/ballpoint version. Several choices on clips, too, if needed.

6. Till

Till Empty Pockets

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Kaweco Sport is an obvious choice as is the Kaweco Liliput. I have a couple of Kaweco Sport pens and love them.

For my own pocket fp edc though, I don't use the Kaweco Sports. I also have a Pilot M90; I just like this one better than the Kaweco. I'm a big fan of Pilot fp nibs. This was a re-issue several years ago of a Pilot pen from the 1970's. I love this pen. Very compact. Like all Pilot fp, very smooth writer. Practically bullet proof. I carry it together with a Space pen and a small mp (the one I use is from the 1920's; I also have a Pentel Kerry mp that carries just as well).

Only problem of course is that the Pilot M90 is no longer in production. The Kaweco pens are. Pilot does have another pen, the Elite 95S which is also a great pocket carry fp. There are some others (e.g., Pilot Prera) that could be considered also.

So, there are several choices.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

8. grimbo

grimbo Empty Pockets

I have to say like everyone else a Kaweco sport. I've had one for just under a year and it's been top notch so far!

D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Kaweco Sport gets my vote too. I would go for the AL Sport if I were you; the Classic Sport got real grungy real quick in my pocket and after a couple of months had worn to the point where it wouldn't post correctly anymore (too loose). The AL Sport will hold up better at the loss of the ability to convert it to an eyedropper.

WillAdams likes this.
  10. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

Thanks again everyone. Got the Liliput and finished its first day of work. I still like the feel of the cheap Zebra but not by much. Surely not enough to have it come uncapped in a third pair of pants. The Fisher Pen clip fits snug and I like the contrasting look.

[​IMG]