1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions for elusive "perfect" bag.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Hawk76, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Hawk76

Hawk76 Empty Pockets

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, each bag definitely looks the part for what I've been looking for. Once I have some money set aside I'll start really nitpicking what I want in a bag, but these suggestions have definately started me in the right direction.

2. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

I und the 20l good for me as a day bag.
    I keep 2 edc organiser pouch things
    iPad mini
    Umbrella
    Pens, knife and flashlight
    Note pad
    Wallet
    And room for keys, privacy stuff (I do open houses)
    And have room for my lunch and a coat if need be-

3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

There's no perfection in life thus no perfect bag. I now have three in my vehicle, lol. My current iteration of an "EDC bag," a sort of vintage military looking canvas and leather satchel, I take into the office has really become nothing but a holder for my tablet and charging cable (neither of which I frequently use) along with whatever random crap I don't want to hand carry about 60 yards!

My previous EDC bag, a Goruck Bullet, has become more of a mobile crisis bag with the cool, romantic gear included. When we all pile in the family SUV, I get it out of my truck, place in the SUV, and we're imaginatively set.

I suppose if you ride a train or some other public transport a considerable distance, or even walk the same, to and from work you need some type of dependable backpack or shoulder bag for your gadgets and knick knacks.

I like the Filson briefcase-computer bag things for a refined look although I don't own one. I think I like the Vertx messenger-style bags if you're looking for daily use, heavy gear in a nylon configuration. I do not like their backpacks.

For backpacks, TNF makes a few in all black that look modest and undeclarative. The model I'd most wish to have for this use escapes me. The retired firefighter series seems robust along with Goruck and their fair bit of MOLLE webbing seems ok particularly with their laptop compartments. My GR1 was a super bag, but the 26L was indeed too big for EDC (and because it lacked a couple other features handy for field use I sold it recently).

FiaOlleDog and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  4. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

A bit late to the game but I just discovered and received a Topo Mountain Pack (v2 with the drawcord bottle pockets, can fit 32oz bottles no problem) and I think it may hit all your requirements. I’ve fallen in love with mine as i can collapse and EDC it or take it hiking/carry on/etc, it’s a super versatile pack basically