1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need specific jacket reccomendations.

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Idaho Gunslinger, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

I am looking for a cheap soft shell or fleece jacket that looks low profile. The more pockets the better, especially pockets on the inside (this is an EDC forum, duh). Any ideas? I have always worn North Face fleece, which are WONDERFUL, except for two problems. 1. They cost $$$$$. 2. They are seriously lacking in the pockets department. Thanks for your help.

2. Mester

Mester Loaded Pockets

I am sorry. If you buy a cheap softshell you get a bad softshell. Just my 2 cent.

Check the "warmpeace" Sneaker. Not cheap but great.

3. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

The Scott e-Vest would be your opposite end of the spectrum choice for pockets. Still pretty pricey though.

4. Academic

Academic Loaded Pockets

The North Face Denali fleece has 4 pockets. Love mine. Doesn't solve the price problem, but to me 4 pockets is good.

There are lots of knockoffs of the Denali with similar pocketing, but cant speak to quality of them.

5. FunctionMode

FunctionMode Loaded Pockets

I have an older version of the REI Neo Jacket I got on sale for $80 and absolutely love. Water beads right off, wind is never an issue, and it fits in with the general public by actually looking a little "trendy"

The only downside for me has been the lack of an internal liner for colder days, but it looks like the new one has a fleece liner.

6. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets