1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need some help from Maxpedition Fatboy / Jumbo owners

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Molly, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Molly

Molly Loaded Pockets

In June I've bought Jumbo S-Type from verified seller on eBay... the bag was looking OK and I was using it from time to time accidentally and without overloads :)
    And today I've accidentally discovered that the storm collar found around the main compartment doesn't sewed around all pocket perimeter but have two small square holes where nylon is not sewed to anything. This "windows" presents  in a points where the main compartment flap is sewen to the bag itself... I hope that following photo will make it clear (Yo can click on the picture to view a larger version):

[​IMG]

Close up photos of both "windows" (I've put some orange cord under the holes to make them more contrast):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Can You please check Your Fatboys/Jumbos and give some feedback here about storm collar sewing to a main compartment of Your bags ...

P.S. Sorry for the bad english :)

2. choubbi

choubbi Loaded Pockets

I have the same thing on my regular Jumbo.
    It doesn't bother me, though. I don't stay outside a lot under the rain with very water-sensitive stuff in the bag.

3. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I think storm collar is a misnomer its really more of a dont lose :censored: collar. Yes mine is the same

4. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Mine looks the same. The storm collar is sealed all the way around, but the main flap has the opening you mentioned. I included some pictures for comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]