1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need Recommendation for a Waist Pack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by IamMatt, Aug 7, 2010.

1. IamMatt

IamMatt Loaded Pockets

I am looking for a waist pack. Need it to be around 200 cubic inches (probably no smaller than 180 and no larger than 240). Having either a main compartment divided into at least 2 sections or having two main compartments is a must; having additional pockets is a plus, especially a flat one in the front or back that is just about big enough to carry some documents like a passport. Having two side pockets/pouches each big enough to hold a 1-litre nalgene bottle is also very important.

Any suggestions?

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I toss a Maxpedition Octa over the shoulder a lot walking. I want to set it up with a Mini Roly Poly for a 32 oz Nalgene. It can handle two and this sounds like a set up for you. I have a pouch on the main belt for 2-3 Cliff Bars.

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

You might take a look at Jandd fanny (sorry, you Forum members in the UK ... this has a different meaning in the USA) and lumbar packs at: http://www.jandd.com/ The lumbar packs may be too big, given your requirements. However, they have an optional set of shoulder straps for about $15 that work really, really well. My guess, though, is that the medium size fanny pack or water fanny packs should work for you. All of this company's stuff is well-made and durable.

4. squishware

squishware Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Octa. I like mine.

5. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Moutainsmith makes some good waist packs but larger than you're looking for. Still, I'd look at the Tour in your case. Great bag.

6. QDaddy

QDaddy Loaded Pockets

I have been seriously considering an Octa. I wonder what would happen if I mount a Maxped 7x5x2 pouch to the inside PALS... could make a good concealment holster that's easy to access. My gun is a sub, so size isn't really a problem.

You should check out the "Bat Belt" from one of the members... that's a serious rig.

7. xm8

xm8 Banned

I debated about the Maxpedition Octa for a long time and then I got one. I really like it. I also toss it over the shoulder while walking. You can attach a Janus to it if you need more storage space.

8. Lightleak

Lightleak Loaded Pockets

I own an Octa since 2 years and use it alot, mainly on the shoulder. if you want waterbottles just attach one or two mini rollypollys as mentioned above. If you want more compartments add one or two maxped. four by six or small TacTiles to the molle webbing on the front of the main compartment. If you need more room for a gun etc attach a large TacTile to the back of the octa. Very versatile!

l.

9. acropolis5

acropolis5 Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the North Face Mountain Bike Lumbar waist pack. Great value for the money. Very flexible in application. Good on the waist or shoulder. You can also use the True North strapettes in you choose.

10. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Not sure how the dimensions compare, but I like my Proteus: divided main compartment, outside pouches on either side and front, and a variety of ways to carry. I clip in a Janus, and when I wear the Proteus over my left hip, the Janus is handy at the right front for immediate need items. I also have a radio pouch clipped to the Proteus' front pocket, letting me route the mic under my left arm to clip onto the left epaulette.