1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need Pocket Slip Advice

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Ethos, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Recently I bought a Hitch & Timber Pocket Runt which holds my SAK Pioneer and my space pen, but I sold it with the intention of getting black.

[​IMG]

However before ordering a new one I started looking at the Pocket Runt 2.0. It has a pocket for my Pioneer, light, pen, and a pocket for my debit cards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This model would allow me to replace my wallet which is a Flowfold minimal wallet. My main concern is that it's 3 5/8" x 3 3/4" and I'm concerned about bulk in my pocket because I don't have experience with it specifically. Really it wouldn't be any worse than carrying a regular bifold probably.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nick4305, Cervantes and mizedog like this.
  2. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

You guys don't have to actually have one, I'm just asking what you think about dimensions of them and bulk, etc.

3. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I just whipped out my Bellroy Note Sleeve and measured it.
    height: 4.0"
    width: 3.5"
    thickness: 1.1"
    It used to feel like a minimalist wallet when I didn't have it stuffed so thick. When I first loaded it up, it was about 3/4" thick, and it felt pretty slim. To me, the external dimensions felt reasonable in the pocket, even on rare occasions when I wore jeans. The thickness is the main thing that makes it feel bulky now, but I usually only notice the bulk when wearing jeans.

When I'm looking at a product and am having trouble visualizing the dimensions, I just make a cheap mock-up. Get some cardboard, paper, tape, and staples and make a cheap version of what you are considering. I doesn't have to look pretty or work - you just need a feel for how it will ride in your pocket.

4. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Doesn't look any worse than a normal wallet. It is an inch wider than the minimalist wallet I carry, but it doesn't look bulky at all. Personally, I prefer to clip my flashlight to my pocket for quick use, so I'd go with the smaller one, but that's just me. Honestly, it really would depend on what else you plan on having in the same pocket. If it'd be the only thing, it'd be no problem. Me, my pockets are already stuffed, so I'd go with the smaller one.

5. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

If I had this it would be the only thing in any of my pockets besides keys in the opposite and an occasional Spyderco. My gun, mag, and fixed blade go on my belt.

6. Reaper

Reaper Empty Pockets

As a welder I always have stuff in my pockets I ordered the runt 2.0 so I can have my proper,space pen ,small light and couple of cards in on pocket and they will all stay there I always have a small fixed blade on my belt and a larger folder in my other front pocket hopefully this will ease some space in my front pockets of my jeans since normally when I get to my shop I empty my pockets in to the top draw of my tool box and reset the stuff I need verses the stuff I carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Reaper

Reaper Empty Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

Nick4305, volvoboy, CV801 and 2 others like this.
  8. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

What knife is that? I really like the Pocket Runt 2.0. I see one in my near future.

9. Reaper

Reaper Empty Pockets

That’s the benchmade proper

Bulldog87 likes this.
  10. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

Hitch and Timber makes nice stuff. [​IMG]

Nick4305, volvoboy and Reaper like this.
  11. Reaper

Reaper Empty Pockets

Yea Chris reeves makes some :censored: nice stuff as well