1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need nightstand pistol concealed from sight, but accessible

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Knifestyle, Oct 10, 2017.

1. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

Those hidden compartments are pretty cool but I'd hate to have to find that magnet in the middle of the night.

2. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

You could open that compartment before you go to sleep, and close it when you leave the house.

3. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

That is what turned me off the night stand I was looking at. When I’m awaken out of a dead sleep, I want easy access without much fumbling.

4. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

Problem solved for $20 and might add a little fun as well ;)

[​IMG]

5. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

i did similar and we had nightstands with drawers already. I popped the top panel off of it, put a hinge in the back, and removed the wooden pegs that held it in place. I could have just put a strap into the top of it, but I went nuts and built a whole extra shelf with like $8 worth of crap from lowes. looks totally normal. Open the drawers, just socks. Flip the lid up, boom, lights, guns, ammo, etc.

HVACn00b likes this.
  6. Rdog

Rdog Loaded Pockets

I use a magnet on the side of nightstand, works but not perfect, have knocked the gun off once.
    The magnet I have is rated at 25lbs (off amazon) the rating is :censored:. Its something like 10lbs tops. I should have two for better holding.

An option that may work for some, depending on the night stand is route out a space for you gun on top, so it sits recessed (you may need to add material under the top) Then you could cover with something decorative for the day, and move it aside at night.

lots of cheap options if you get creative and DIY.
    Those between mattress and frame concepts are very DIY friendly BTY ( two pieces of ply and a holster, I'd use leather, for sound issue over kydex)
    I had a crude one, in the past and will build another nicer one at some point.