1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need new Blackberry holster for work

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Balog, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Balog

Balog Loaded Pockets

My company issues Blackberry Curves to its employees for on the job use. I keep breaking the flimsy plastic clip on the belt holsters, and I want to buy a more sturdy one.

I actually didn't care for the clip style that much. I'd prefer one that threads onto a belt and orients the phone horizontally not vertically. Any thoughts ona good model to try?

2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

You may want to take a look at the Ripoffs brand: come in black only, nylon, with either a clip back or a belt loop back. Here's the weblink:

http://www.ripoffs.com/blackberry/blackberrypop0408.html

I've used these holsters for a number of years and for the money are pretty sturdy.

3. BCountryTrekker

BCountryTrekker Loaded Pockets

I've been using the Cellet NobleA3 leather case when I belt carry my BB curve. It clips on my belt with a clip that does not seem to be prone to breaking. It is different than most phone case clips in design. The case sits horizontally and the phone is east to remove and replace. Additionally, there is a magnet that puts the phone to sleep when it is put in the case and wakes it up when removed. Check out the clip on the Cellet website. The NobleA2 has a more traditional clip. Make sure to look at the NobleA3. I have been satisfied. YMMV.

4. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I really like the maxpedition phone holster... I use the 4.5 for my iPhone

5. frankinaug

frankinaug Loaded Pockets

I love the Otterbox hardshell and holster setup. Used one on my 8330 for about a year now and already ordered one for the 9630 which is replacing the 8330 at the end of the month.

6. larrymz3

larrymz3 Loaded Pockets

Another vote for Otterbox.

7. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

1+ I go jogging w/mine, & the phone stays put... Two zip ties through the PALs webing on the back would make it a horizontal holster. :pop:

8. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

9. fireshawn

fireshawn Empty Pockets

Another vote for the otterbox. Have one on my curve and it works great. Go for both, maxpud sheath w/ the otterbox hardcase!

10. Balog

Balog Loaded Pockets

The otterbox does not appear to have the magnet that sends the phone to sleep, and as much as I use the BB that is a must. :(

11. Corbs

Corbs Loaded Pockets

It would be difficult to have the magnet as the phone never leaves the case. Just use the mute button to put it into standby when out of use, I do it instinctively now. ;)

12. Balog

Balog Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I don't really care about the case, it's just needed to use the belt holster. I was thinking the belt clip might have one.

That being said, is using the button on the side the same as magnet induced sleep mode? Interesting, I thought there was a difference between the two.

13. smokeeater908

smokeeater908 Loaded Pockets

I use an Otterbox for my Blackberry Tour and I have no complaints what so ever about it.

14. Travis

Travis Loaded Pockets

I have the Otterbox defender for my Curve and it does have the magnet to put the phone to sleep. I'd recommend the Otterbox without hesitation.

15. Diosces

Diosces Empty Pockets

Based on a thread I saw by GH I got one of these CLC holders CLC 1521 cell holder I been wearing it and it works great--has two aux loops for a flashlight/pen/andor accessories.