1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with a new pack decision...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mtn_guy_79, Jan 2, 2015.

1. mtn_guy_79

mtn_guy_79 Loaded Pockets

TAD Fast Pack Litespeed

or

GORUK GR1

??

Thoughts, opinions, comparisons, real world use and experience??

2. vonlichenstein

vonlichenstein Loaded Pockets

Just got a GR1 a couple of months back on a sale, and have had a GR2 for about a year. GR1 works well for EDC, it can take a surprising amount of stuff for it's size (because of it's rectangular shape). Carries weight pretty well too, but I wouldn't use it as a hiking pack beyond day hikes. Both the GR1 and 2 work well for travel, I've made 5d4n trips using just the GR1 (and I'm not a hardcore minimalist packer).

There were some QC issues with goruck's packs a couple of years back, but my GR1 and 2 look pretty well made to me, and online consensus seems to be that they have resolved it.

No personal experience with TAD, but I think you'll have better luck finding a GR1 on sale (goruck does discounts every couple of months) than a TAD fastpack even in stock (based on their usual availability).

What are you planning to use it for? That'll make it easier to decide. Both have their pros and cons, I went with the GR1 because I think it works better for EDC and travel for me.

3. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

Both conpanies make really high quality bags. Cant go wrong with either I say. Pick the one that looks coolest to you.
    I like the business of TAD some days, others Goruck would be nicer.

4. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

Wish I could help you with TAD, but no experience... Yet
    I use a GR0 everyday, my son uses a GR1. I was initially apprehensive because it has so few pockets and organizational features, but I've come to find the simplicity is what I really like about it. It's clean, simple and low key, I'm very happy with it.

5. freddy russo
    • In Omnia Paratus

freddy russo Loaded Pockets

I use a GR0 every day and could not be more happy with the use I've gotten outta it, its a tough backpack an can take a lot of abuse.