1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

need help IDing a light and finding parts

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by steviesterno, Sep 21, 2018.

1. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

Mother in Law wants me to reach out to my fellow gear junkies. She got this flash light from her son who passed not long after he gave it to her. They lost the cover/bezel and while they know it's not a crazy high quality light, they want to keep it and get it working again. I can't find any markings or brand stuff, even inside the tube.
    can anybody help?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Looks like one of the many budget tactical flashlights. Does the head zoom or is it just a heat sink? Can you remove the head and check the PCB for markings?

Also, I would check on budgetlightforums.com as they may have a better idea of what/where/etc.

3. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

That Movie Guy and steviesterno like this.
  4. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

thank you! yes that looks like it. it was a zoom/adjustable but they lost the part that adjusts. I did try to look under the emitter and I couldn't find any info there, either. I didn't want to break it worse as it still lights up in the condition it's in, just clearly not well and won't last long

5. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I'd suggest checking over on budgetlightforum.com. Ton of us mod and tinker with lights over there and you might stumple on somebody that has some spares in their parts box.

Looks like you got a good idea on the light but with some of those china lights you will have dozens of companies copying a design with annoying differences that make parts not easily interchange. Sometimes you even end up with the same light from the same company but they changed the threading so parts don't even swap out anymore. Good luck on the hunt.

6. BladeCommander

BladeCommander Loaded Pockets

Easy way is to buy the UltraFire version and use it for parts. Cheap enough to buy the whole extra flashlight and just use what you need. Small risk that they won't match, but likely easier than trying to find parts for a lower end light.