1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need help deciding between Truglo and Luminox

Discussion in 'Watches' started by wspahn21, Sep 27, 2010.

1. wspahn21

wspahn21 Empty Pockets

I was at the local sporting store and they carry a few Luminox watches and have one I love for 295$.. I am well aware of Luminox quality but that seems a lot for me, since I don't even wear a watch currently.

They had TruGlo watches for around 199$ and they were heavier and used stainless steel instead of the carbon that Luminox uses.

Has anyone dealt with TruGlo watches? They have a good rep for night sights but making watches is a horse of a different color.

Thanks!

2. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

I don't know about the reputation with the watches either, but I had seen them over a year ago on their website. They have some pretty neat watches, and the fact that they use tritium is cool too. Interested on what you decide to go with.

3. scottenlow

scottenlow Empty Pockets

I have a Luminox and I will never own anything else. The abuse it's seen and still keeps perfect time. Plus the trits are so bright I sometimes slide my arm underneath a pillow at night. Luminox is tops in my book.

4. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Look online for more competitive pricing for the Luminox. I have the 3900 series and it was less costly buying from an online dealer. It has seen reasonably hard use and is still in good condition. I haven't replaced a battery yet, so I can't speak to their power consumption - but I've had it for two and a half years at this point.

There are a couple of other watches similar to the Luminox, might be worth checking them out, too. Traser comes to mind...

5. fallow

fallow Loaded Pockets